Dissonance under the Stars

"This is ridiculous," Aizawa said as he fixed his dark green tie in the mirror.

I peeked my head around from the bedroom. "I had to meet with him, Sho. We’ve been over this.  I'm running an agency too you know," I tried to reason with him.

I understood where he was coming from; he and Justice already had a strained relationship, and we had to cut training short by an hour today to be ready for dinner on time. Still, I couldn't help but think that something else was bothering him.

“I know you are, and I love how excited you get when you talk about helping people, but Justice goes radio silent for a month and then shows up with this news?” 

“He probably was extremely proud and wanted to tell me in person. These are investors that we’ve been chasing for a while now,” I said.

“Of course, but I just can't help but think that there is more to this. I mean you see how he treats you. He obviously likes you,” Aizawa stated plainly.

I stopped and thought about his observation. Sure, Justice tried to make some weird pass at me before I came here, but I felt like it was just nerves driving his impulsive behavior.

“Justice and I grew up together, went to high school together, and opened the agency together. We've been joined at the hip for most of our lives. I don't think he seriously thinks of me that way."

Aizawa turned to look at me. “He flirts with you constantly, lifts you up every time he sees you, and bought you a brand new Alexander McQueen dress with matching heels and a purse. The card said ‘To My Favorite’. Don’t you think he’s making moves on you there?”

I shook my head. “Favorite hero. He always calls me that, and again, I don’t think so. After we graduated high school and he began his career as a pro-hero, he became the typical playboy bachelor. He had women fawning all over him, went out to expensive events and parties, and had a whole group of rich guy friends and a new woman on his arm every night. Justice is out there living his life, and I’m right here living mine. But, if you’re right, then you have what he doesn't.”

I wrapped my arms around Aizawa’s neck and kissed his cheek lightly.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me into him with a chuckle. “Well, that is true. I also had the honor to taste and worship your delicious body over and over again the past month.”

“You know I’m hooked. You do things to my heart and body that I can’t explain. Also, remember I’m currently wearing the dress you picked out for me and hung the one he bought in the closet. That should say something,” I assured him.

“Let’s get this dinner out of the way, then maybe I can revisit my shrine and leave a few peace offerings with my tongue, my lips, maybe more?” He flirted while kissing me.

I smiled and giggled at the warm sensation, “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

This man made my heart melt.

We left his dorm and went into the elevator. I played with my nails as the red numbers descended, and we made it to the ground floor. Walking out, we saw Midnight and Present Mic sitting on a couch in the common area talking about how their students were doing. As we stepped closer, Mic glanced up and then turned to us fully.