The Dinner

7:30pm

I was lying in my room alone while my best friend and mom finished the preparations for tonight's roast... I mean dinner. I was so nervous about what they would ask him or even ask me!

I can barely keep myself together on a daily basis, let alone in front of Aizawa. Damn, I really can't let on that I like him so much.

Maybe I should look at a picture of him and list all the things I can't stand about him; obviously, that should help. I began researching his name, and a slew of photo results came up.

Okay, let's start with his stupid hair, so messy and out of place, but looks surprisingly soft. And look at his stupid facial hair that I just remembered he trimmed for the press conference. Oh, but look at his eyes... his stupid dark eyes that are so dreamy... and stupid! And that stupid freaking scarf he wears all the time. Hmm, I wonder what it feels like to be wrapped in it?

I spaced out staring at Aizawa's photos on my phone and did not hear Mia come into the room. She tiptoed while eyeing me. Obviously, I was distracted and smiling, my eyes lost in his as I imagined us hanging out together and talking about everything and nothing.

Mia took this opportunity to plop on my bed next to me screaming, "What are you even smiling abou... ohhh! This lover boy again?"

I shot up and locked my phone immediately. "Mia! Stop scaring me!" I whined.

Mia laughed and poked my cheek, "You sure are crazy about this guy huh!"

I closed my eyes, and she kept poking me for answers.

"NO! I mean...no I'm not! He's just a friend and colleague."

My best friend knew this was the opposite and smiled wickedly, "Hm... too bad you're going to make Justice all jealous!" I turned to her in shock.

"Justice? Why would he be jealous? I mean..."

I thought back to last night's events as Mia shot me a confused look.

"Wait, you never realized that Justice likes you? He has such a huge crush on you, and it's very obvious."

On me? How come I never noticed this before? "Well, that explains last night then." 

"What? What are you talking about?"

Before I could answer, my mom called us to help her set the table. Mia looked at the door and then back at me, motioning for me to talk quickly. I shook my head and pointed to the door as I got up and left the room with Mia following me close behind. She kept her eyes on me as we set the table. I could feel her glare burning a hole in my face, but I refused to start this, especially in front of my mom.

I looked at my phone, nothing from Aizawa, and it was 7:55pm. Okay, so he's coming any minute. Nothing to stress about, right? No, I need to use it now.

I kept setting the table as I activated my quirk and my thoughts began to speed up in my head. My strategy quirk was such a blessing right now. 

It all began to make sense:

They would all meet and discuss my leaving. I need to avoid anything dealing with Justice that would open opportunities for Mia to bring up his feelings for me or anything I may have let on about what happened.