𝑋𝐼𝑉

Chapter 14: Good ones go
NewYork-Presbyterian, New York
March 3rd, 3:55 pm

Can't lose you, can't help it
I'm so sorry, I'm so selfish

Can't lose you, can't help it I'm so sorry, I'm so selfish

"We got to pause everything, immediately. You got to figure out whatever eyes it is that nigga got on me and cut it off, what's happening right now don't got shit to do with him or this damn case." Chris spoke sternly, his eyes glued to the hospital in front of him while he raised his blunt back up to his mouth.

He kept his focus forward, his back leant up against the seat of his chair in his car where he sat isolated. He didn't know what else to do, not after angrily getting cursed out by Maleah for some things that he wasn't even sure how she knew.

"Boyfriend Christopher Brown-."

"That's my best friend...." Maleah whispered, cutting the lady off before she could even finish what it was she was trying to say. Panic instantly spread across her face before she felt herself growing nauseous and dizzy, Maleah not being able to contain herself once she rushed off towards the nearest trash can to spill out her insides. Not having the stomach to understand and believe the reality of what was already a mess of a situation turning worse.

Chris only stood watching her, his body frozen in deep thought for a second. He didn't know what to think, how to feel from the situation he'd found himself in. He knew he made his bed and was forced to lay in it way ahead of time, the moment he chose to go against all things morally correct in his relationship to seek comfort in another woman. However, he never would have expected things to go this left. To the point where he was finding out the other woman in his acts of infidelity was really his girlfriend's best friend.

"Maleah..." He breathed out, his eyes never leaving off of her body that remained hunched over coughing. Tears were already in her eyes, her head buried in the trash can where she dry heaved through her coughing.

"Why would you do this...?" She whispered, her head finally raising to look up at him blankly. Her voice was low, but she knew he still heard her. Maleah not taking another second to stand there before rushing off to the bathroom, not at all surprised that Chris was hot on her tail following.

"Just let me fucking talk to you!" He snatched her arm to pull her in his direction, but she quickly snatched back.

Shaking her head, she made her way back towards the bathroom because she refused to speak to him without washing her mouth out first. But she didn't even know how useful that would be, since looking at him alone caused her to feel sick to her stomach. From the details she already known about Stasia's boyfriend, to now learning that that man was him had her head spinning.

"Listen...I know the last thing you probably want to do right now is talk. But I need you to believe me when I say I had no idea you and her were friends, let alone knew one another-."