Chapter - 𝗢𝗻𝗲

So the first chapter is here. I hope you guys enjoy reading!

Naina was unusually quiet today, which confused Vivaan. He wanted to ask her Why she was treating him with her silence, but their surroundings pushed him back. He slid his hands inside the hollow of his faded jeans, and stared at her lost-face with gloominess. They attended the lecture unwillingly, and as soon as the professor walked out of the classroom. He shifted closer to her, and asked - "What happened? Chup chap kyun ho itni?"

She lightly shook her head, because this wasn't the appropriate place to discuss. She wanted them to be at a private place, where nobody could disturb their important conversation.

After some time : Naina was sitting inside Vivaan's car, fiddling with her fingers absent-mindedly.

"Ab bolo...kya hua hai? Everything good at home?" Vivaan asked her in a worried tone.

"Actually Vivaan...I don't know kaise batau tumhe. My dad is looking for a prospective groom for me, samjh nahi aa raha kya karu...kaise unhe mana karu. I am so fucked up right now." Naina told him in an anxious tone, and Vivaan was taken aback for a moment, but composed himself soon.

"So what do you want me to do now?" He asked her casually.

"What do you mean Vivaan? Tum baat karo apni family se, ask them to come to my place...we can't hide this relationship anymore. Mere papa rishta fix kar denge kahi bhi...and I don't want to lose you." Naina held his cold hand, and looked at him with an expectant face, but Vivaan seemed to be flabbergasted by this sudden burden of marriage being thrown on his head.

"Itni jaldi shadi?" He said shockingly.

"Itni jaldi kaha vivaan? I am 25 now, perfect for marriage...meri education bhi complete hogayi hai, tum acha kama lete ho, main acha kama leti hoon, then why can't we get married?" She said enthusiastically, but Vivaan just scratched the back of his head, wondering how to deal with this complicated matter.

"But don't you think it's too early to take such a huge responsibility on our shoulders? I mean can't you ask your dad to wait for 2/3 years?" Vivaan tried to change her mind, but Naina knew how stubborn her father was. If once he decides something, he doesn't sit in peace until that work is accomplished.

"No Vivaan it's impossible to convince my father...woh bahut ziddi hai, aur unhone teen...chaar ladko ki family se baat bhi kar li hai." Naina said worriedly, and Vivaan rubbed his forehead in annoyance.

"Chill...we will figure out something. Ok?" He replied to her in a normal tone, and started to drive.

"Tum complexity nahi samjh rahe ho situation ki...You know my mom? She is stricter than my father, aur mere papa ko already ek baar paralyse ka attack aaya hua hai...now He is really worried for me. He wants me to get married as soon as possible, please Vivaan don't make this situation more complicated for me. Apne parents se baat karo, and request them to come to my place...agar tumse nahi ho raha toh main apne ghar pe bata deti hoon." She said with a restless face, and Vivaan was getting furious now. Why can't she simply understand that He isn't ready for marriage? He wants time to think? To prepare himself mentally for this new chapter of their life.

"Calm down Naina, and give me some time please...main itna bada decision ek moment me nahi le sakta." Vivaan spoke in a soft voice, and She stared at him in flummox.

"Do you love me?" Naina asked him in a low voice.

"Yeh kaisa sawal hua yaar? Of course I love you." He said with a confident smile.