Chapter - 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼

An unsweetened chuckle skimmed out of his mouth, and He limped as he approached her bewildered figure which shrank back. Naina stared at him with a combination of fear and anxiety on her countenance, and Sameer said ironically - "Don't you want to get divorced meri jaan?"

"Me? And divorce?" Naina uttered, with an explicit surprise on her face.

"Yes! Bahut jaldi haina tujhe mujhse alag hone ki." Sameer looked at her in pure disgust and his jaw quivered.

"Will you please listen to me?" She pleaded to him with an uneasy look.

He innocently nodded his head in agreement, sat down on the edge of the bed, kept his leg over his knee, and asked her with a fake interesting look - "Yes...I am listening to you, bol."

"You are mocking me," Naina said grumpily.

"Am I? No Jaan, main tera mazak kaise bana sakta hoon?" Sameer replied to her with a solemn expression, and suddenly She felt a sudden flinch in her heart when He screamed at her - "Mazak toh tune bana rakha hai mere pyaar ka, mere emotions ka...mere promises ka."

"Aawaz niche karo...warna sab andar aa jayege," Naina said in a meek tone.

Her husband rose from the bed, leaned over her feminine figure with a lopsided smile, and uttered, in a husky voice - "Don't expect me to keep quiet when my heart is yelling at me, crying over my fate for being blessed in disguise with a wife like you."

She sensed her vision turning quite blurred as tears promptly welled up in her eyes. Sameer patiently stood there, hoping to hear positive and soothing words from his wife, but her sentence enraged him even more - "Main bhi koi sukhi se nahi rahi hoon tumhare saath shadi karne ke baad...har waqt gussa, har baat pe narazgi, yeh show off ka shauk...jhoot bolne ki aadat, in sabke saath samjhauta karne ki koshish ki maine...bahut ki...par tumhe meri koi value hi nahi hai. Tumne soch bhi kaise liya ki main tumhe. Khair...tum jaise insaan ko samjha kar koi faida nahi hai. Just get out of my room."

"Who are you to throw me out of your room. Haan? Dekh raha hoon main kabhi se kitne attitude se baat kar rahi hai tu mere saath. My mom was right...you aren't good for me, you've ruined me, Naina...you have ruined me completely." Sameer bellowed at her in a high-pitched tone, and his voice cracked while finishing the last line. He breathed steadily, his eyes rapidly catching the fire of anguish.

"Wow! I am glad to know that we both have ruined each other successfully." Naina said with a derisive smile and clapped for them.

"Tu itni patthar dil kaise ho sakti hai yaar?" He asked her in a low voice.

"Patthar dil main hoon ya tum Sameer? kabhi se ilzaam tum laga rahe ho mujh par...jante ho mujhe sharab peene walo se nafrat hai fir bhi aaj wahi pee kar yaha chale aaye." She replied to him frustratingly, and Sameer gently placed his shivering palm on her burning side cheek and said honestly - "Main peeta sirf do matlab se hoon...ek tab jab main bahut zyada khush rehta hoon, aur ek tab jab mujhe dard ke alawa aur kuch nahi milta...Jab tu Delhi gayi thi us raat bhi tujhe yaad karte karte pata nahi kab maine itni pee li...aur aaj bhi yahi hua...tere jaane ka gam, tera mujhse alag hone ka decision, humari woh honeymoon ki khubsurat yaadein, shadi wali mastiyan.. engagement ke beech ke moments, sab kuch mere mind me ek flashback ki tarah aa raha tha baar baar, I tried...I tried to control it. But I can't Naina, I can't stop missing you, thinking about you, loving you, caring for you. I just can't do it yaar. I just can't do it."

Naina was emotional for a while when her husband expressed his sorrow...his agony...his longing to live happily with her...She didn't know why for a moment she felt like embracing him and telling him that the idea of giving him a divorce wasn't hers, but of his mother, the one whom he worships like a goddess...The moisture in his darkening eyes wasn't because of dust but because of the lake of tears...She felt her fingers slowly elevating towards his rough cheek, and in no time She caressed them with only fondness and affection in her touch. Sameer could feel his distress gently evaporating in thin air when She touched him after ages, the touch still felt so soothing and relaxing...her hand still had the same magic to calm down his unstable heartbeats...her fingers still made him feel like the happiest man when they cuddled with his stony skin...He comfortably closed his wet eyes in sheer bliss, and too soon the broken strings of his heart came together to get it fixed firmly...Naina was deeply under the influence of his affective words, she felt a strong need in her soul to forget everything even that is just for a brief moment...and tell him that She still loves him unconditionally, and the distance between them just doubled her torment in every possible way.