Chapter - 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Sameer stared at her in utter surprise as He didn't expect such a straight answer from Naina, also her tone had an edge of sharpness and pain. He was regretting now for taking out this inconsequential topic at their first date, he gently rubbed his hands against each other, and said - "Kya order karu, tumhe khane me kya pasand hai?"

"Specifically kuch nahi, but thoda bahut I like Baked Cheese Pasta, and Chocolate sandwich." Naina spoke about her choice in cuisines, and Sameer gave a weird expression. He was totally a desi boy, who loved eating Indian food, with the coating of butter or ghee.

"Nice." Sameer said forcefully, and the waiter was standing beside their table, with a respectful smile.

"Umm get one Baked Cheese Pasta and Chocolate Sandwich for ma'am, and Kadai Paneer with Garlic Naan for me." He placed his order in a professional tone, and The young boy said - "I am sorry sir, but we don't have Chocolate Sandwich...but humare menu me Chocolate Bread Butter hai."

"Ok no problem...wahi lekar aa jaiye." Naina replied to him in a soft voice.

"What? Chocolate bread butter? I never heard about this." Sameer asked her with a shocked face, and She suppressed her laughter by covering her mouth.

"Hota hai! But don't worry...mere saath reh kar you'll know everything about chocolate." Naina said with a lopsided smile, and He let out a soft chuckle.

"And mere saath reh kar you'll know everything about Desi Food." Sameer spoke in a husky voice.

"Chalega." She uttered, in a meek tone.

"So kaisi lagi yeh place tumhe?" He asked her after a long silence.

"Very Nice, yahan se city ka view bahut impressive laga." Naina replied to him with a genuine smile.

"Thanks Naina! Bahut research ke baad yeh rooftop restaurant mili mujhe nearby me...otherwise dusri sab toh mostly Powai, Vasai...Thane ke waha hai, and right now we don't have much time to travel." Sameer said in a soft voice, while moving the edge of his collars.

"Oh, by the way...ek baat kahu?" She hesitated before asking him this question.

"Pucho." He answered.

"Yeh actually mujhe date kam aur normal outing zyada lag rahi hain." Naina said nervously, and his unruffled expression was quickening her pulse rate. She decided to apologise to him for her honest-to-goodness comment about his arrangements.

"I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable, isliye maine sari booking cancel kar di humare private date ki...I felt you aren't comfortable with this plan of taking you out for a romantic date, so I decided to first give you some time to adapt to this new relationship of us, and then I'll arrange a perfect date for my fiance." Sameer answered her with a benevolent smile, and Naina was awestruck by his sensible nature. She couldn't believe he literally ruined his entire plan and preparations for the sake of her comfort.

"You seriously cancelled your plans because of me?" Naina asked him in utmost shock, and He lightly nodded his head in yes.

"You are so sweet, Sameer." She said emotionally, and He pushed the folded tissue in front of her, and spoke in a gentle voice - "Wipe It Away Naina."

Naina softly rubbed her teardrop, and gave a warm smile.

"Mujhe nahi pasand jab koi rota hai toh...it makes me feel so uncomfortable." Sameer said in a weak tone, and stared at her beautiful smile.

"I Promise...I won't cry in front of you." Naina replied to him with a cute smile.

"Sirf mere saamne? Why do you want to cry akele me bhi? You have everything jo kitno ke paas nahi hai...I know it hurts when your trustworthy person abandon you unexpectedly, but ek taraf se yeh acha hi hua na...Agar woh banda tumhe shadi ke baad torture karta, ya uski family tumse har waqt paiso ke liye jhagda karti toh tumhari life kitni miserable ho jati. I can't even imagine...It's terrible." Sameer said in a breathless voice, and anxiously rubbed his chest to calm down his off-balanced heartbeats. He couldn't ever be so unfair to his life partner, at least not when he loves her immensely. Vivaan must be a fool who disowned such a sophisticated and phlegmatic girl like Naina.