Chapter - 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

The next day Samaina paid a visit to fractured Aashna, and Naina felt miserable at seeing her best friend's condition...She quickly rushed to engulf her darling in a tight and comforting hug, and Aashna had a smile of euphoria on her lips. Having a genuine friend, who reciprocates the same feelings and love for you is truly a blessing of God. Naina gently stroked her hair, and asked her in a soft voice - "O my god Baby, yeh kya halat bana di hai tune apni."

"Arey yaar, jaan bujh kar thodi na kiya hai," Aashna said annoyingly.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Naina looked at her angrily, and Sameer kept down the bags of fruits on the side table.

"Abey Oye...main kya hospital me admit thodi hoon jo itne sare fruits leke aayi hai tu mere liye?" Aashna asked her best friend in a curt tone and scrutinized the fresh expensive healthy foods stuffed in the bag.

"Haan toh? Jab koi unwell hota hai toh uske liye fruits leke jana mandatory hai." Naina said thoughtfully, and before Aashna could answer her back. They saw a familiar man walking into the room, with a bouquet of roses in his hands. Sameer was surprised to see his best friend paying a visit to Aashna...however, Naina didn't look much shocked, she somewhere felt that something was cooking between these two people.

"Hi, this is for you." Bhavin crouched down a little and handed her the heavy bouquet.

"Thank You," Aashna replied to him in a meek tone.

"Waah beta...yeh bouquet lekar aaya toh Thank You, aur main fruits leke aayi toh mujhe itna sunaya." Naina taunted her best friend wryly, and Aashna embarrassedly tucked back her hair strand.

"Saale tune meko bataya bhi nahi ki tere aur Aashna ki setting hogayi hai?" Sameer lightly slapped Bhavin on his head and whispered in his ear with pure indignation in his tone.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai...We're just friends." Bhavin replied to him in a low voice.

"Remember my boiiii...ek ladka aur ek ladki kabhi dost nahi ho sakte hai," Sameer said dramatically, and His wife shot a glare at him for annoying his loving brother-in-law.

"Hatt...kaunse zamane me jee raha hai tu, ek ladka aur ek ladki dost ho sakte hai. Aren't we friends with Yashvi?" Bhavin spoke with a lopsided smile, and His best friend did a slow clap for him.

"How are you feeling now? Better?" Bhavin asked Aashna in a soft voice, and She meekly nodded.

"I am feeling excessive pain in my injured leg...and unfortunately I can't go anywhere without one person's support." Aashna expressed her vulnerability with a small smile, and The trio stared at her in empathy.

"Don't worry, I am here...for you." Bhavin assured her with a sweet smile, and Samaina looked at him with an expression of - "Wah re beta."

"So should we leave?" Naina turned to ask him with a sarcastic smile.

"No, no Bhabhi...main jaa raha hoon waise bhi." Bhavin said hurriedly, and his sister-in-law gave a look of - "Better you go, right now."

"Ok then, take care and proper rest...whenever you need someone. I am...We are here for you." He quickly fixed his mistake with a sheepish smile, and Sameer also left with his best friend.

Naina sat down beside her friend and grabbed one knife. She started to cut the fruits while Aashna was struggling to adjust her back against the bedrest...She whimpered in pain as she shifted her fractured leg, and Naina swerved her head at her best friend, and asked her - "What happened? Kuch chahiye hai tujhe?"