Chapter - 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Naina stirred in her deep slumber and felt a pair of masculine hands wrapped possessively on her flat stomach. She tried to move out of his grip, but it only resulted in getting closer to his lips. Sameer's nose rested underneath her earlobe, giving her shivers. She sighed and stopped her futile attempts. She grabbed her phone to check the time, and it was 6:58 AM...There's still one hour to sleep peacefully...but something caught her attention, and it was Vivaan's message at 4:34 AM. What the hell was he doing by staying up late? Naina thought worriedly and immediately rushed to reply to him back - "Hi Vivaan...Good Morning! Yesterday was quite a busy day for me so I couldn't manage to reply to you. Hope you are fine?"

She bit her thumbnail nervously and stared at the WhatsApp profile photo of Vivaan, it had a heart-broken quote - "I may not get to see you as often I like. I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night. But deep in my heart I truly know, you're the one that I love, and can't let you go."

Naina felt her eyes shining with a coat of warm tears...She was content with Sameer, she was living her life the way she always wanted...She even got such a loving and caring husband, who can move stars and moon just to make her smile. Ok, that's quite filmy, but his love is truly genuine for her and it is visible in his intense eyes...Touchwood, She had everything, but still the devoid of Vivaan in her life was tormenting her sacred soul, she doesn't love him anymore...but the soft corner for him in her heart wouldn't ever evaporate. She still cares for him, she still hopes to see him just one time in an unexpected way...She knows it isn't appropriate for a married woman to think of some other man, especially of her ex-boyfriend, but can True Love be forgotten in a span of a few months? Is it easy to love your partner after you have just come over your recent trauma?

Sameer slowly welcomed the new day with squinted eyes, and after blinking it for a few times. He felt better, he gazed at the turned frame of his wife, and a smile of bliss etched on his dry lips...He lifted his head to kiss her forehead when He saw Naina blankly staring at her phone screen, oblivious of his gaze, but this didn't bother him. The thing which angered him was the name of Vivaan...She was waiting for him? For his message? Is She Cheating on him? Sameer thought with a heaviness in his chest, and their close moments swiftly flashed in his brain, making his hands quiver in dread...How could she just think of that fraud man despite having such an understanding partner? Where was he lacking in providing her happiness, love, comfort, and respect? How should he kick that unfortunate ass out of their life?? What sort of magic Vivaan has cast on Naina that she couldn't forget him even after months of distance?

Naina got back to reality when She heard the muffled sound of chirping birds. She quickly turned off her phone, and let out a deep sigh. Sameer acted to sleep once his wife looked back at him for confirmation that He wasn't awake. Naina knew accepting Vivaan's friendship proposal was one of the gravest mistakes She has committed so far. The first one is still loving him selflessly. She knows keeping contact with your ex isn't an acceptable thing, but She genuinely feels nothing for him except humanity.

Sameer couldn't sleep after what He saw from his eyes. He tried to brush aside all the negative thoughts which were causing him to feel extremely angry at Naina. He tried to see the positive side, and that is His wife explicitly refused Vivaan for their future hangouts and outings...This swelled up his heart with a slight relaxation, but what if Vivaan coerced her to meet him? As far as He has observed this man. He is best at manipulating people, and Naina is a naive girl. She will be trapped easily in his fake loving words. He has to protect his wife, he has to make her understand that Vivaan is just using her innocence...He has to make her believe that her ex-boyfriend still feels no special emotions for her.

"I know Naina, you love me...and Vivaan...he is just your normal friend. I trust you, Jaan. But also, I am afraid to share you with that piece of shit after making you mine. Tu soch bhi nahi sakti main tujhse kitna pyaar karta hoon, and I can do anything for you...for your happiness. But if that happiness means having contact with Vivaan...then sorry, I can't tolerate this anymore. You should understand you're not single anymore. You have a family to look for...you have me...Your cute Doraemon. Please don't get involved in Vivaan. He isn't worthy of your time and attention." Sameer thought with a tensed face, and slowly his lips touched her forehead. He lovingly took away her flying hair strands and realized how innocent She looked while sleeping. The cute form of her face enhanced more when the hot glowing sunlight peeked at her through the thick curtains...He placed a soft kiss on her cheeks and felt soothed.