Chapter - 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

As usual, Naina was late to wake up early, she tried several times to open her eyes before 9:00 Am, but it is immensely difficult for her to get up much before her routine time, and on top of that She feels exhausted after making love to her husband. She couldn't believe she has been getting intimate with him almost every night. This must be the result of his gentle touches and kisses...she smiled at her inappropriately-appropriate thoughts, and got ready in a cotton Red Kurti which had slits from the waist side...she wore plain white leggings and put a banana clip on her silky long hair. She quickly rushed to wake up her husband, and inform him that they were running late once again. She sat beside him, and lovingly stroked his side cheek - "Good Morning Sameer...please get up my love."

Her melodious voice brought a smile of bliss to his curled lips, and He leisurely opened his sleepy eyes to meet with her hazel-nut ones. She crouched down and left a kiss on his cheekbone, saying - "Ab good morning ka dose bhi hogaya hai, now get up quickly. Mujhe aaj bhi taane milne hi wale hai mummy ji."

"Mummyji ke bete se itna pyaar milta hai uska kuch nahi?" Sameer said with a lopsided smile and raised his body to bring his wife closer to him. Naina resolutely denied getting into any romantic moments. She was already worried as hell at imagining her mother-in-law's outburst or taunts for her irresponsible demeanor.

"Abhi Nahi please." She requested.

"Ek kiss please." He demanded.

"No...try to understand. Please, baby." Naina looked at him meekly, and her innocent eyes filled with utmost fear forced him to let her go. She sighed in relief and immediately dashed out of the room after informing Sameer that his formal clothes were ready inside the bathroom. He chuckled, and simply pushed aside the quilt.

Anita was scrutinizing her daughter-in-law who passed an awkward smile to her. Naina scanned her eyes on the dining table, which was already cleaned. She glanced at the clock and realized it was 9:45 Am by now, and the breakfast time in Rathod's family is one hour before. She gulped down nervously, and Anita taunted her - "Tumne mere bete ko bhi apne jaisa bana diya hai, pehle woh jaldi uth jata tha aur ab dekho."

"Sorry mummy ji...woh actually inhe uthane me thodi deri hogayi." Naina lied to save herself from her mother-in-law's wrath.

"Jhoot mat bolo, main janti hoon apne bete ko bahut ache se, woh ek...do baar kehne se hi uth jata hai," Anita replied to her confidently and took the bowl of vegetable upma inside the kitchen.

"Uff...kaha fas gayi hoon main, mera mayka kitna acha tha. No taunts, no issues of waking up early, no dangerous looks and glares. Ugh! I just don't know yeh saas kabhi impress kyu nahi hoti bahu se." Naina muttered exasperatedly under her breath and saw Anita reheating the food.

"Kal se 7 baje tum mujhe kitchen me chahiye ho...Reha ko college jana hota hai, Sameer aur uske Papa office jate hai, sabke liye ab se tum rotiya banaogi...aur sabziya main." Anita apprised her panicked daughter-in-law with a strict expression, and Naina widened her eyes out of flabbergast.

Did she just hear 7 Baje? Or was she hallucinating? Who the hell on earth wakes up at such an extraordinary time? And that too when they don't have to go out for a job?? Anita walked out of the kitchen with a stern visage and placed the bowl of upma on the glassy table with a thud sound. She saw her son dressed in formal clothes, greeting her lovingly. She smiled softly and ushered him to have his breakfast. Naina was disappointed once more by her mother-in-law's behavior...why can't she consider her as her daughter? What is the need of making her realize every time that She is a daughter-in-law and she should behave in this house according to her position? Her eyes brimmed with a warm stream of liquid, and Sameer pulled a chair for himself, carelessly hogging on the food without even sparing a glance at her.