Chapter - 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆

It was the 31st of December. The night to remember, the night to make happiness out of sadness and pain...the night to enjoy, the night to have a fun time with your loved ones, the night to confess to your partner how you feel for him/her...The night to make thousands of memories of togetherness, the night to find your true soulmate through the crammed crowd...the night to feel the magic of songs, the night to celebrate your joy with the ones you feel are worthy to be there with you, the night to bake your love story through the delicious-crunchy cookies and chocolates, the night to spread awareness of not driving while drinking...the night to spend your valuable time with those children who have no one except you and your affection. It was the night for which everyone waited impatiently. It was the night for which people planned a lot of things in their minds. It was the night when family gatherings brought laughter and mirth to the environment...It was the night when we wished the best for those real strangers who turned into the best friend for you...who loved you even after knowing your reality, who never judged you, who made you smile in tough times.

Anita and Dilip went to have dinner at one of their business associates' places, and Samaina decided to arrange a New Year party at their home by inviting their friends. Naina was confusingly looking at her fully-equipped wardrobe, wondering what she should wear tonight for the celebration. Sameer came in while whistling and saw the piles of clothes placed to be precisely thrown on the bed. He gasped when Naina frustratingly flung back another dress that landed on his face. He pouted, and said - "Kya kar rahi hai tu?"

"Samjh hi nahi aa raha baby kaunsa dress pehnu...gown pehnu, ya saree, ya one piece, ya top and bottom," Naina replied to him with a bewildered face, and Sameer shook his head in disbelief.

"I have one suggestion." He stood close to her, his breath fanning her skin.

"Hmm...bolo?" She said simply, as she was engrossed in taking out the newly bought dress.

"Don't wear anything," Sameer whispered huskily.

"What?" Naina looked at him in embarrassment, and He nodded his head in agreement.

"Yes Jaan, itni tu confuse hoke kuch pehne...is se better you don't wear..." His sentence was interrupted by his wife - "Shut up! Aise kaise bahar jaugi?"

"Maine kab kaha tujhe bahar jaane?" He said innocently, but the twinkle of naughtiness in his eyes hinted to Naina that he wanted them to make love.

"New year resolution le lo ki main sudhar jauga...aur aisi waisi baatein nahi karuga." She spoke with a lopsided smile and wrapped the gray woolen scarf around his neck.

"Agar maine aisa resolution le liya na toh tu mujhse bore hoke bhaag jayegi," Sameer said pulling her closer to his chest. He continued - "And I never want you to get bored of me, my Jaan."

"Tumhe aisa kyu lagta hai tum bahut boring ho jaoge agar romantic baatein nahi karoge toh? I mean, life isn't all about romance and sex. Right?" Naina asked him pensively, and He hummed unwillingly.

"But baby, we have just got married...if we won't talk about naughty things, toh kya maza aayega?" Sameer said dramatically, and His wife slapped his cheek softly while saying - "Shadi sirf isliye karni thi na tumhe."

"Bilkul nahi...tu chahiye thi zindagi bhar ke liye. Isliye." He looked at her intensely, and She blushed to the deep roots.

"Chalo ab batao bhi kya pehnu main?" Naina changed the topic.

"Ummm...if you don't mind, I would love to see you in a saree." Sameer demanded, with a sincere smile, and looked at her hopefully.

"Red?" She asked with a knowing smile, and He nodded.