Chapter - 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆

Sameer stood under the drizzle of water with a distressed expression, the drops of soft light gray liquid fell upon his face skimming through his veins to wobbling legs. He never felt such heaviness in his chest, it was because of hurting Naina, and breaking her trust...His lips shuddered at feeling the coldness of water rubbing on his skin, he turned off the shower with a pale face...and placed his hands on the wall while his thoughts were periodically leading to his wife and her angst, he felt like a loser...who lost everything he had possessed in his life in the game, in the game of destiny. Sameer pushed away the wet lines of his silky hair in frustration and tried to be a little optimistic that Naina wouldn't leave him alone for this forgivable mistake.

He came out of the bathroom and saw his wife packing her stuff in the huge metallic silver suitcase. He abruptly halted his heavy steps before her and watched her folding the clothes hurriedly. His heart sank into the vast hollow of dread, and Naina twisted back at him...Their eyes collided with each other for a few seconds conveying stories of pain and heartbreak within those moments. Sameer felt like crying and begging her to not leave him, but He didn't want to lose his self-respect, that is why He remained quiet and continued looking at her with a silent plea in his moistened eyes to give him one chance.

"Wow." He exclaimed mockingly.

Naina looked at him with a blank face, and Sameer continued in a heavy voice - "You don't value my love, right? That is why despite apologizing to you...you're leaving me."

"I need some time." She said softly.

"For what? To plan our divorce?" He asked her hurtfully, and She was shocked by his false accusation.

"What?" Naina looked at him in anger.

"Kya? Sahi keh raha hoon main, I know you very well...you will not stay with me now, you will leave me, you will break our marriage, you will end our beautiful relationship. I know everything." Sameer said with an enraged expression, and his eyes burning with an unfathomable sorrow and agony.

"Are you crazy?" She asked him with an unbelievable face.

"No, I am not...but agar tu mujhe chod kar chali gayi na toh shayad ban jauga." He replied to her honestly, and her heart softened.

"I'm not going to leave you forever...I just need some break, bahut life messed up hogayi hai humari, yeh roz ke jhagde...ruthna manana, it's all becoming frustrating. So let's...let's live separately for a few days." Naina said with a little hesitation on her face, and this suggestion left him stunned. Separate? Break? Messed Up? Frustrating? How could she use such words for their marriage? for their beautiful relationship?

"Are you mad? This isn't a messed up life, this is our love that is making us fight every day...Don't think about all these rubbish things, aur yeh separation ka bhoot tujhe kaha se chadh gaya hai? Itni jaldi tu mujhse tang aagayi kya? Abhi toh humein aur kitne saal rehna hai ek dusre ke saath...aise toh fir tu baat baat pe rooth kar chali jayegi." Sameer spoke with annoyance in his tone, and His wife just stared at him in calmness.

"Tum hi batao fir...kya karu main? jab se shadi hui hai mujhe nahi lagta ek din bhi hum bina lade soye hoge...Kabhi honeymoon par kaha jana hai uspe ladai, kabhi mummy ji ne kuch kaha uspe ladai...kabhi Vivaan ki wajah se ladai, kabhi tumhari yeh jhoot bolne wali aadat ki wajah se ladai. Arey itni ladaiya dekhi hai tumne newly married couple ke beech? Unhe toh fursat bhi nahi milti hai yeh sab ke bare me sochne ke liye, and look at us...Shadi ke baad humara pyaar jaise choomantar hogaya ho because of responsibilities and lies, aur kal raat jo hua uske baad I really can't stay here, at least one-week tak toh nahi, because the Sameer I faced last night. No girl would ever wish to see such a side of her husband. You forcefully kissed me and touched me, do you even have any idea how disgusted I felt?" Naina yelled at him for holding her responsible for everything as if He had never done anything wrong, and Sameer felt guilt slaughtering his heart bit by bit. He stood there, unruffled, wondering how to change her decision.