Chapter - 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼

"Ahhh...Mummy insist kar rahi thi bahut, we even told her to inform you...but..." Sameer couldn't even finish his sentence as He sensed warm tears bubbling in his wife's eyes.

"But neither of you told me anything...in fact mujhe toh yeh bill dekhne ke baad bhi yakeen nahi ho raha tha that my husband could do something like this with me. I am shocked." Naina said in a cracked tone and angrily threw the crumpled paper on the bed.

"I know, I should have told you...but I didn't want to make you feel bad." He spoke in a soft voice.

"Yeh dekhne ke baad am I looking happy to you? Tell me, kya mere chehre par tumhe khushi dikhai de rahi hai?" She asked him in a stern voice, and her vermilion-like eyes burnt in rage.

"Of course not, I am sorry Jaan...I badly wanted to invite you." Sameer held her hands in urgency and looked at her grief-stricken face guiltily.

"Invite? Oh, acha...so am I your friend or a distant relative that you wanted to invite me to your own birthday celebration? I am your wife Sameer, biwi hoon main tumhari...I was meant to be enjoying the most special day of your life, but kisi ne mujhe bataya bhi nahi ki tum sab mil kar restaurant me party karne gaye the. Now I realize why you came to pick me up so late...and also you didn't look delighted after seeing your favorite food. Great! Too great Mr.Rathod. I genuinely deserve to be treated as an outsider for making your birthday so special." Naina taunted him in a sharp voice, and her tone reflected the pain, the disappointment, the anger She felt for not getting even a hint about her husband's birthday celebration. How could they just do this to her? She isn't his normal friend. She is wife, she is married to him...and in every occasion of joy, She is meant to be there with him.

"Mummy ne kaha ki family ke saath bhi thoda time spent kar le, fir toh birthday celebrate karna hi haina Naina ke saath." He said in a low voice.

"So? Maine tumhe kabhi apni family ke saath time spent karne se roka hai? No, please tell me. Kab maine tumhe tumhari mummy ke saath bahar jane se roka, unse baat nahi karne diya...ya fir unke khilaaf manipulate kiya? I have always been patient and understanding in this matter because I know family comes first. But it doesn't mean you forget to inform your own wife that you're going out with them. This is highly disrespectful and offensive." She spoke with no fear of getting heard by her in-laws. She has the right to raise her voice when injustice is done with her.

"Please lower your voice...sab uth jayege," Sameer asked her in a meek tone.

"I won't...and I want to know why I was being ignored?" Naina questioned him in a stern voice.

"You weren't being ignored. Damn! Why can't you understand I can't counter my mom...she wanted to celebrate my birthday without you." Sameer finally yelled at her in an exasperated tone and pushed away the cushion on the floor.

"Ok! So...for her, I am still nothing but an unknown person in your life." She said with a painful smile.

"For god damn sake don't include my mom in our matter." He joined his sweaty hands in front of his wife with an explicit annoyance in his voice.

"Why shouldn't I include her? Unki wajah se hi yeh sab hua hai...don't try to cover up her mistakes. She should be held responsible for our fight." Naina spoke courageously, only if She knew what was going to happen.

Sameer threw away everything which was kept on the table, and the loud cracking sound caused her to close her ears in dread. He took heavy breaths for a few seconds, looking at her in extreme resentment. He said in a threatening way - "Naina, I don't wanna fight with you because of anyone and anything...especially because of my mom. So kindly don't invite trouble for yourself, you know very well how difficult it is for everyone to handle my anger. Better you stop quarreling over this small issue...and behave like a good wife."