Chapter - 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

Sameer sat down on the vacant bench situated in the garden backside of the Sunshine Society and absent-mindedly stared at the lush greenery being watered impressively...He kept his clasped hands under his chin, his eyes drowning with immeasurable pain and deadness. He recollected her sweet heart-soothing words to ease his emotions.

"Thank You So Much...I don't know how to express my happiness. I am shocked."

"I Love You Sameer."

"I want to say nothing, just...I Love You, My Dream Husband."

Happy Birthday, Mere Pati Dev! You're my stars and moon."

"I can't live without my Cute Doraemon."

"You are the best Santa Claus after my father. I Love You, Mr.Hubby."

Their memories were haunting him now, he couldn't feel peace even after making futile attempts to mend the broken pieces of his heart. Her beautiful smile, her innocent eyes, her lush black hair, her irresistible mole, her soft lips, her cute nose, her melodious voice, her pacifying words, her comforting hugs and kisses, her gentle touch, her seductiveness, her courage, her modesty, her affection. Her perfect image of a wife was playing in his mind, making him feel even more restless. Sameer raised his head and looked up at the vast expanse of the dark sky. There were no stars today with whom people could talk, there was no moon to illuminate the dreadful darkness...Everything seemed extremely gloom-ridden and nightmarish. He continued gazing at no one in particular, and his heart took a sudden halt as He remembered how he left Naina in a woeful condition and didn't wait for a moment to listen to her. He quickly wiped away his rolling teardrops and decided to go back home.

His phone buzzed noisily, and he reluctantly drew out the vibrating gadget from his track pants side pocket. It flashed Bhavin Bro's name, and he couldn't help but receive his call.

"Hey, Dude! Sorry Yaar for disturbing you at this time, but mujhe urgently kuch pooch na tha." Bhavin said with a sheepish smile, and Sameer hummed slowly.

"Bhabhi hai wahan?" He asked urgently.

"Nahi," Sameer replied to him in a sharp tone.

"Hein? Isn't it abnormal for you guys? And for us as well to believe ki tum dono ek dusre ke aas paas nahi ho." Bhavin joked as usual, but there was no response from his best friend's side.

"Dude! Tell me one thing. Bhabhi se ladai hui hai kya?" He asked him in uncertainty, and Sameer was taken aback by his conjecture.

He smiled slowly and painfully, and replied to him in a heart-broken voice - "Nahi Bhai, teri Bhabhi toh bahut khush rakhti hai mujhe."

"Haan woh toh mujhe bhi pata hai. Seriously bro! You are so lucky ki tujhe Naina Bhabhi jaisi wife mili, warna tere jaise ko toh koi bhi na handle kare." Bhavin said sarcastically, and His best friend simply took aside the streaming liquid.

"Tu bol...tujhe kya pooch na tha?" Sameer asked him.

"Arey chod ab, Bhabhi se kaam tha mera toh." He replied annoyingly.

"Acha! Toh uske phone pe call karde na." Sameer suggested.

"Oh wow! Thank You so much for giving me this wonderful idea." He said ironically, and continued speaking - "Abey tere se pehle unko hi call kiya tha maine, but woh utha nahi rahi thi...fir maine socha you guys must be busy with those things. Now don't ask me in details, toh maine tujhe call kar diya."

"Naina phone nahi utha rahi?" Sameer asked his best friend in a low voice, and He hummed with a crestfallen face.

"Unko bol dena ki mujhe kuch kaam hai unse," Bhavin said normally, and Sameer just hummed, and disconnected the call.