10

George pov

I sighed out watching as clay started pulling out of my driveway.  This evening has been one of the best since awhile, me and clay had a lot of fun and made many memorable memories today.  Not only that but I think I developed something more today.

The feeling of something swarming my stomach, but doing the opposite of making me sick.  It made me happy and I enjoyed its presence, but the thought of why they were their still lingered in my brain.  I'm not stupid, I knew they were butterflies.  And I also knew why they were there, but I really didn't want to except it.

Of course I'm proud of my sexuality and such but I never actually expected me to fall for a man like this, definitely not this man in particular.  I haven't even known clay for a week and yet I'm enthused every time I see him.  However I've only ever took notice to these thoughts today when they started developing.

Obviously I'm not in love, yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't taken a liking to clay. I mean why else would I get so flustered from him placing a simple hat on my head. That's nothing to get excited about and yet I'm over here looking like a tomato because of it!

I decide to maybe talk this out with Karl a little to maybe help ease my confusion a bit. I find my phone forgotten on my desk and open it up, however I'm taken aback by the notifications I was receiving. No, they weren't necessarily for me, but they are definitely reminding me what is currently still trending. Therefore I open up the long forgotten Twitter I only last used earlier today and check my recent feed.

Not surprisingly I found it filled with people making remarks on dreams outing today. I sighed and looked through what people thought of all this. Many sent hate to the person who caused this, others tried comforting Dream with sayings like 'we support you!' Or 'don't worry it's ok.' But I knew that was all bullshit. Dream doesn't need to be comforted because of this, especially by a bunch of people he didn't know. However I'm quite clueless on this situation, I don't really know how to react to be honest.

What caught my eye while scrolling the most was the hate Dream was receiving. Many people stating they are unfollowing or that he was no longer a good role model for children to view. But it's not like Dream is just gonna go make out with boys on stream or anything! He probably just won't even mention the topic anyways, there's no need to change viewings on him for something he can't control happening!

I sigh for hopefully the last time tonight and set my phone down on my side table, plugging it in as I do so. Maybe right now wasn't the best time to talk about my perhaps feelings for a specific blonde boy. I wasn't quite feeling up to it anymore after reading through homophobic comments towards my inspiration in life.

I roll over on my bed and hug the comforter to my chest sadly. I try and shake those disappointing thoughts from my head by thinking of the great time I had with clay tonight. Most importantly thinking about his positive reaction to my flag. Him being supportive made me relived and glad to be on his side during these arguments.

After laying in bed for sometime thinking about just about everything I finally started drifting off to sleep and into a peaceful world of unconsciousness.

I fluttered my eyes open finding myself swarmed with blankets on the bottom of my bed. Confused, I sat up and started unraveling myself from the nest I must of created last night. I began fixing my bed up by folding blankets and sorting pillows into their desired placements before heading to the kitchen in need of breakfast. Finalizing on some simple toast I began to search through cabinets for my desired food. Once found, I began preparing my breakfast, and once ate, I began preparing myself for the day.

About 30 minutes later I found myself beginning to walk into my school.  I happily skipped towards my locker, which is surprisingly not to far away, and began to pull out my phone.  I immediately pulled up some old Sapnap video and started watching.  He was doing some random challenge with Dream they made up and I found it hilarious.  So hilarious I laughed out loud causing people to send weird glares in my direction, I ignored them though.

My intense gaze at my phone was interrupted by the sound of a locker opening next to me.  I paused my video and looked up hesitancy to the person only a few feet away from me standing,  to my surprise there stood clay rummaging through his locker I only took notice to last week.  He out of nowhere looked to the side where I stood and locked eyes with me.

I, now embarrassed from being caught staring stared back down at my phone and before I hit play on the video I was previously watching I heard clay speak up.

"Watcha doin Georgie"  Since when did this man call me that?!  Know one except my mother has called me that and that's always on a rare occasion.  I shook off those strange thoughts on the nickname and began to turn my screen to face clay.  He looked down at it and I watched as a miniature smirk invaded his lips.  He nodded his head before turning back to his locker and shutting the door.

As I saw clay about to turn away I panicked, I didn't want him to leave just yet.  I had to think of something to say and quick or else he'll leave after such short time!

"Wait clay! Uh- thanks for um, yesterday. It was very fun!"  I stuttered out loud enough for him to hear.  He seemed to process my words for a moment before turned back around to me with an acknowledgeable grin growing on his lips by the second.

"I had fun too George! I hope we can do it again sometime soon."  With that he ended it by embracing me into his arms.  I immediately relaxed into his arms and wrapped my own arms tightly around his back.  I even went as far as to snuggle my head into his chest for a brief moment before we reluctantly pulled away. 

After a short moment of us smiling like the idiots we were we said our goodbyes and started heading to our first period classes.

I knew Karl was in this class so was beamed when arriving there.  I happily skipped to my seat and settled into it contently before turning my gaze towards the boy beside me.  He laughed quietly and stared at me for a moment before speaking up for the first time that day.

"You seem happy, what's up?"  I sighed, knowing Karl could always read me like a book.  I looked down to where my hands laid and began fiddling with them for a moment while thinking of my response.  I can't just say something like, 'I met this boy 6 days ago and am already obsessed with seeing his face every aspect of the day.  Oh also he put a hat on me yesterday so I turned into a whole on tomato.'  Now that would be stupid so instead I said.

"Karl im down bad."  Way to put it short and sweet George.  Great explanation too!

"Gogy I'm gonna need a little more In depth explanation.  Like did you murder someone, did you forget to do the dishes-"

"Karl I like someone" Karl froze at my sudden confession and seemed to think about it for a second.  What is there to need to think about?  I said everything that needs to be said, I like someone.  That's it

"And its not dream right?"  I obviously faked being offended and glared at him for a moment or two.  I slowly shook my head

"No Karl. It's not dream, it's an irl crush I promise."  A smile grew to his lips and he happily pulled me into an uncomfortable side hug in our chairs.  I sighed out and stared at him, waiting for him to ask questions or anything but he just stayed silent while staring back at me.

"Are you going to say any-"

"I'm proud of you george."

"What"

"I'm proud you for finally finding somebody reasonable to like.  I didn't know you had it in you."  He giggled next to me and I just silently smiled while staring at my hands once again.  I knew Karl though, he was going to have a whole trivia over this eventually.

"So who is-" 

there it is

"Clay now shut up class is starting" Karl screeched quietly next to me and grabbed my hands out of my lap.  I watched as the teacher approached his desk and smiled as I looked over to my beaming best friend next to me.  He only smiled back and I eventually sighed out of consent and began to listen to the lecture of the day, happy with how things were laying out for once.

1559 words

We love some George pov