23

Dream pov

"So I'm picking you up because.. dad would kill you for crashing his car.  Yeah?"  I confirm meanwhile grabbing a fry out of the McDonald's bag and shoving it into my mouth.

"Clay you will not tell your father this."  My mother states firmly, similar to how she's been speaking this entire car ride.  She's only making it more obvious with how much she dislikes me with every statement she says.  The entire ride she's been acting like she was the top dog and had full power over everything I, and Sapnap did.  Which confused me because Sapnap had nothing to do with her.

"Yeah sure.." I mumble out already done with my mother's bullshit.  I then reach my hand into the bag and pull out another fry, shoving this one into my mouth as well.

"Clay can you pass me my drink?"  Drista questioned from the back seat.  I smiled and grabbed drista's water and then put my hand into the back seat, waiting for somebody to take it.

"Thanks Claaay!"  She replied by dragging out the a in my name.  I smiled and nodded my head and then focused back onto the road, taking notice we weren't too far from their destination.

"Dream."  Sapnap speaks from beside me.  I glance towards his direction and see him staring at me before I turn my attention back to the road. I hum, silently telling him to continue.

"Your going to school tomorrow right?" I look at Sapnap through the corner of my eye and notice him just staring blankly at me. Is he really gonna bring up me skipping school in front of my mom?

"Of course." I state loudly while smiling, hoping my mother heard that and won't even think about me skipping classes- like ever.

"okay." Sapnap replies before looking out of his window and breaking his stare on me. I just huff and take notice of the driveway we're about to pull into. I quickly stop the car before hitting the garage and then look to the back seat to see my mom already gone.

"wow" I mutter. My mom really couldn't stand one more second with me to even say goodbye.

"Are you going to come in clay?" Drista questions, still sitting in her seat with her seatbelt now unbuckled. I just frown and slowly shake my head and watch as drista's face falls into a frown of her own.

"Clay! I miss you, please come in.." she begs, breaking my heart at the few words. I just continue frowning before placing my hand on Drista's head and start patting it softly.

"Sis I would love to but I really can't right now, okay? I love you so much though." I smile sadly and watch as a singular tear falls from drista's face. I then quickly hop out of the car in instinct and make my way to the seat beside Drista in the back.

"Please don't cry." I beg watching as her eyes fill with more tears. She shoves her head into my chest and latches her arms around my sides, pulling me into an awkwardly angled hug.

"Why?" She sobs into my chest. I decide that there's no reason for me to keep the fact I was kicked out for the time being from her because she is 14 and can handle things, so I start to explain.

"Drista..mom doesn't want me at home right now. I'm kicked out for the time being- I guess." I sigh out and watch as Drista raises her head to face me face to face now.

"What did you do?" She mumbles out, voice cracking half way through. I smile sadly once more and tuck a piece of her hair behind her ears before whispering something so only she could here.

"That doofus up there isn't allowed in our house cause he is involved my 'online life'." I say while putting two fingers up as quotation marks for the words online life. She smirks and looks at the front where Sapnap was sat peacefully on his phone, minding his own business completely.