Chapter 7- Cuddling

Artemis pov:

I was the one he chose... I have to cuddle with him. He called me Arty and now it's just us, him sitting on my thrones armrest.

"So... um hey? We gonna go to camp or..." Perseus said awkwardly.

"As punishment for calling me 'Arty' you have to go back to camp yourself." I said.

I flashed back to my tent and sat down. I felt as if I drank a bottle of coffee, I was going to cuddle with Perseus. He knew I had a crush so there's a chance of him finding out.

Just as I expected, I heard a figure landing. The hunters started shouting but what I didn't expect was to hear arrows were being shot. I rushed out of my tent and saw two knives in Perseus's shoulders, an arrow in his leg and a cut on his cheek. He looked up grinning, his mouth full of ichor.

"I think they're warming up to me." He exclaimed. His legs gave out and he fell on his knees.

I saw some hunters covered in his ichor, snickering. I got some ambrosia and nectar from my tent and by the time I got back, the knives and arrows were on the floor and Perseus was bleeding everywhere.

I started cleaning his wounds while Thalia made her way through the crowd. She took one look at Perseus before turning, lightning covering her body.

"WHO DID THIS!" She shouted, she looked angrier than I had seen all year.

The crowd immediately stop laughing and some hunters tried to leave. I finished with his arms and leg and was on his face. The cut was from the side of his mouth to the corner of his eye. I put some nectar on my fingers and rubbed his wound before giving sticking out my hands to give him ambrosia.

He leaned down and ate it from my hand, looking me straight in the eye the entire time. His face seemed serious and calm as he bit through cube. I blushed and looked away. The hunters saw this, specifically Phoebe and Atlanta who, coincidentally, were covered in his ichor, and fired their bows.

An arrow was aimed straight at his face. I didn't have the reaction time to catch it, I was distracted by him eating from my hand.

He opened his mouth and caught it... He caught an arrow fired by my hunters... With his mouth. The other one was aimed for his shoulder and reached its target.

"Oh come on! I can't use hands, you shot them. Which is why I couldn't grab the ambrosia. It's just annoying. It barely hurts compared to---" he winced and started to walk back to his tent, but forgot his leg was still broken and fell on one knee.

He started cursing rapidly while Thalia was shocking Phoebe and Atlanta like crazy.

"This isn't helping! You making me even more miserable doesn't help the promise I made to Zeus. I'm so sorry lady Artemis I'm wasting time and nectar. I'll be in my tent." He apologized.

He grabbed a fallen branch as a crutch and started limping back to his tent. As he walked away it turned glaring at my hunters. He finally stopped being so suicidal and they took all that progress and threw it out the window.

"You idiots, he's my only male friend and you still hate him. He's gone through worse than all of you, he's lost everything and he's so, so suicidal. He hasn't done anything! He has followed all my orders without any complaints. So go easy on him." I said before walking over to his tent.

While I was leaving I heard the loudest shout in my immortal life. I rushed over and saw Perseus on his knees a burnt tent Infront of him. He was clutching a burnt photo and what seemed like a burnt guitar.