Chapter 31- Finally Free

Perseus POV:

I watched him, that sick bastard. His stupid excuse for ruining my life? Power?! I clenched my hands hard, I noticed a faint tingle in one, but continued. I felt tears drip from my eyes, although they didn't feel the same as usual. They were more painful. I could hear my teeth grinding as my jaw clenched hard and harder.

The only reason I hadn't killed him was thanks to Aphrodites charms speak. Artemis grabbed a tissue and opened my hand, my eyes were fixed on my plate. I felt a burning sensation from said hand. I glanced down and noticed that it was entirely covered in ichor. Glass shards embedded themselves into it. Once Artemis finished healing my hands, she moved onto my face, whipping away my tears. I looked at the tissue, it was golden. Tears of Ichor.

I stopped clenching my jaw, I couldn't move. I was frozen. Maybe it was Aphrodites charms speak, maybe it was my own response to hearing this. I wanted nothing more than to kill him. My mother. My father. My life. All of it was gone due to his self desire.

I felt myself start to lose control. This was something I had noticed more frequently. Whenever I went 'demon mode' where my eyes go black. I slowly felt myself lose more and more control when I did. It was like I was trying to suppress a real person.

I glared at Jake, my eyes bloodshot. He flinched when he saw me, stumbling over himself as he backed away a few steps.

Zeus arrived back at our table, "What shall we do with him?" He asked, his tone calm.

"Bamboo torture!" Ares yelled.

"Walking 100 miles on glass, burning coal, and Lego!" Aphrodite stated.

"Rip out his organs while he's conscious and feed them to him!" Apollo replied.

"I think we should let Perseus decide." Athena said, her voice quiet.

All the eyes locked onto me. I said nothing, but merely expressed my answer with my actions. I got up out of my seat, my posture composed. I had imagined this moment millions of times. Each step carried multiple of my thoughts of what to do with him. In the time between running away from camp and meeting with the gods, I had wanted this moment more than anything.

I stood before Jake, my 6'3 figure towering over his 5'9 scrawny one. His eyes locked onto mine, I saw the tiny reflection of myself. My eyes. My pupil and Iris were normal. Black and sea green with the tiny flecks of other colours. The sclera (the white bit) however, was black. I felt light, like adrenaline was constantly running through me.

I grabbed his throat, he jumped, startled by the sudden movement. I threw him into the air, my arm moving straight to his chest. I heard a massive crack, a few of his ribs... He fell on the floor, screaming in pain. I grabbed his collar and lifted him up. Punching his face repeatedly. He lost consciousness after a few blows. I wasn't done.

I summoned the water from from beach and forced it to move at a very high speed. It struck his face, blood splattering all over me. He woke up. I was on top of him. Punching every part of his face. I broke his jaw, I ripped out his collar bone, I slammed his head into the floor so much that cracks started to appear. All the while he screamed and begged for forgiveness. Each punch carrying the pain and suffering I went through. After a few minutes. He lay there, like a worn out rag used till it couldn't fulfil its purpose anymore.

I somehow knew how to use my powers, my domains, everything to maximum efficiency. Was this the side effect of my 'Demon mode'? I muttered a language that sounded foreign to me. A sphere around Jake formed. The pure velvet substance, enveloping him and his surroundings. I felt my energy and strength zap away. I grew weary, but something told me I had to finish it.