Chapter 21- Confession

(Re wrote this one as well lol, I am backing up my chapter so even if they get deleted I'll still have a backup. Anyways enjoy.)

Percy's POV

Artemis sat down at the top of the hill, her legs crossed. I sat next to her, leaning against the tree, one leg laid out straight while the other was bent, my knee pointing upwards.

We began to talk, random things like who was given birth to first, Apollo or her, how she came to be the man hating goddess, how she trained her hunting skills. We also talked about how I found out I was a Demigod. A lot of things to pass time.

I learned her favourite food was lasagna after I fed it to her, her favourite colour was silver, which I already knew. Her favourite book was Harry Potter and she told me about how one of her hunters actually wrote it and a lot more.

After we had finished eating I glanced over to Artemis. We were silently laying down, watching the stars and I couldn't help but stare at her. Her silvery skin and her natural blood red lips, her smooth Auburn hair and her sparkling silver eyes made my heart pound in my chest.

I couldn't live like this, for the rest of eternity I would have to hide my feelings, ignore them. My feelings bugging me every hour, of every minute? It would be a nightmare, I couldn't do this... I sat up and spoke,

"I love you. I've loved you every second of every day. Ever since you took me in as a friend, every time we've been together, every time we've been apart. You don't have to accept it, embrace it or even allow it, knowing you, you probably won't but you must know. I can't live without having you know." I said, my eyes focused on the sea. I didn't want to see her anger.

She sat up as well, tears gathered round Artemis face, she was disappointed, some silently slipped out of her eyes and rolled down her cheek.

The few seconds of silence felt like an eternity, "I don't know what to say..."

My heart shattered, my emotions threatened to over come me. This is what I got for falling for a maiden goddess. I had spoken my feeling and was gonna be punished, I was like every other dirty pig.

"You don't have to say anything—" I started before she cut me off.

"I don't think there is anything else to say, other than I love you too."

Relief flooded through me, my heart felt swollen and I had never felt happier in my life.

They say there are 5 stages of grief, I would like to say that some apply to this. I went through denial straight away.

This had to be a trick, a lie. Something, anything! She wouldn't like me of all people!

I laughed, I sounded insane. Artemis looked genuinely concerned and fearful at this.

"Don't lie to me, there no way you actually like me!" I said, laughing at my own stupidity for actually getting excited and happy.

She looked angry and offended, "Oh really? Why is that?!"

She startled me by actually getting angry, but I answered her question nonetheless. I looked up, my eyes watching the full moon.

"Of all the men you've met you chose me?" I scoffed.

"You've see me at my worse, you saw me broken. Even with you hatred for men you still accepted me, defended me, that's more than what I and most people would expect. Most people would struggle to believe I'm your friend, but liking me romantically? That's something I won't believe, I refuse to." I explained, Artemis opened her mouth to interrupt numerous times but kept quiet, letting me finish.