Chapter - 7

Taehyung's heart pounded in his chest as he sprinted up the stairs, the sound of his footsteps echoing off the walls. He could hear Y/N's footsteps getting closer and closer, pushing him to run even faster. But in his haste, he missed a turn and found himself faced with a dead-end.

"Stop- please- let me breathe-" Taehyung gasped, his chest heaving as he doubled over, hands on his knees. Y/N's figure loomed closer, her eyes locking in a tense stare. The adrenaline still pulsed through Taehyung's veins, but he knew he couldn't keep running forever. He had to face whatever came next.

Gasping for air, Y/N collapsed onto the ground, her chest rising and falling heavily as she tried to regain control of her breathing. Taehyung, his heart still racing, approached her slowly and sank down beside her. The two of them sat in silence, the tension thick in the air as they caught their breath.

After a few moments, Taehyung turned to Y/N, his eyes searching hers. "How did you find out it was me?" he questioned, his voice soft yet filled with curiosity. Y/N met his gaze, her breathing steadying as she considered her response. The rooftop was eerily quiet, the only sound being the faint rush of wind and the echo of their breaths.

"Who else is there to annoy me all the time other than you?" Y/N asked, rolling her eyes playfully as she finally caught her breath. Taehyung chuckled softly, his eyes gleaming with amusement as he looked at her.

"I see...," he trailed off, slowly pushing himself up from the ground and giving her a sly smirk. Y/N raised an eyebrow, a smirk mirroring his own forming on her lips.

"What?" she asked, curiosity lacing her tone. Taehyung's smirk widened as he held up his phone, showing her the screen.

"So stalker... huh?" he teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he revealed that he had been checking her phone all along.

"How dare you check my phone. Give it back!" Y/N exclaimed, her voice laced with mock outrage as she lunged towards Taehyung in an attempt to retrieve her phone.

"No way, stalker," Taehyung taunted, holding the phone just out of reach, a teasing glint in his eyes as he watched her try to grab it.

"I'm not a stalker," Y/N protested, jumping up in a comical effort to reach the elusive device.

"Yeah sure. Then why do you have this many photos of Jungkook in your gallery?" Taehyung asked, chuckling as he teased her with a knowing look.

"I- it's none of your business. Now give it back," she retorted, a hint of blush creeping onto her cheeks as she tried to snatch the phone from Taehyung's grasp.

"Or what, shorty?" Taehyung teased, slowly backing away from Y/N with a mischievous grin.

But as he stepped back, Taehyung stumbled and lost his balance, nearly toppling over. "Hey... careful," Y/N exclaimed, reaching out to steady him, but their movements only resulted in them both losing their balance and tumbling to the ground together.

With a thud, Taehyung ended up on top of Y/N, their bodies tense with surprise at the unexpected turn of events. The rooftop fell silent, the only sound being their shallow breaths as they remained frozen in the moment, unsure of how to react to their sudden closeness. Time seemed to stand still as they lay there, their hearts racing with a mix of shock and uncertainty.

-

"Eonnie, get up. You can't be like this for the rest of your life," her friend tried to cheer her up when she heard a knock on the door.

She walked towards the door and opened it only to see two guys standing there with worried expressions.

"Hey, Ryujin. How is she?" one of them asked her friend, concern evident in his voice. The girl watched the interaction, feeling a sense of ease at the familiar faces.