Chapter - 24

Eunwoo and Jaehyun sat in Jungkook's room, studying for their math exams. Eunwoo was busy solving a complex equation, furrowing his brows in concentration. Jaehyun, on the other hand, was struggling with a similar problem, scratching his head in confusion.

Suddenly, Jungkook playfully smacked Jaehyun on the arm. "Yah, what was that for?" Jaehyun exclaimed, looking at Jungkook in confusion.

"How many times do I have to tell you that's not the right method?" Jungkook scolded, pointing to Jaehyun's incorrect approach to solving the math problem. Jaehyun's eyes widened in realization, understanding that he needed to rethink his strategy. Eunwoo chuckled at the exchange, grateful for Jungkook's guidance as they continued to tackle their math studies together.

"Sorry I-" Jaehyun started, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Jungkook stood up and walked towards the door. As he opened it, a sudden sharp pain shot through his face as a fist collided with his nose. The impact was intense, causing a wave of dizziness to wash over him as he stumbled backward and crashed to the ground, his hands instinctively flying to his face.

"God, Tae! We said we have to talk, not kill!" Jimin exclaimed, his voice filled with shock and concern as he rushed to Jungkook's side. Jungkook's nose throbbed with excruciating pain, a sharp, pulsating ache that made his vision blur for a moment. Tears welled up in his eyes from the sheer intensity of the sensation as he struggled to regain his composure, his hands trembling as he tried to assess the damage.

Jungkook held his bleeding nose, his frustration evident in his gaze as he looked at them. His mind raced, trying to understand the reason for Taehyung's attack this time.

"Hyung, is it fun to almost kill him every time you come to his room?" Eunwoo asked, his voice tinged with concern.

"Every time?" Y/N asked, confusion evident on her face as she tried to make sense of what he meant by that. Jungkook winced in pain, still reeling from the unexpected blow, as the room filled with tension and unanswered questions.

"Yeah... last time, he hung him in the air because he rejected yo- "

"I dare you to complete that sentence," Taehyung warned, his tone icy as he cut Jaehyun off, daring him to divulge the full story of his past actions that almost resulted in harm to Jungkook.

"Whatever, we have more important things to discuss," Y/N interjected, sensing the tension in the room and swiftly changing the subject to diffuse the escalating conflict. Taehyung and Jaehyun exchanged a wary glance, the unspoken tension lingering in the air as they shifted their focus to the pressing matters at hand.

"What important thing?" Jungkook asked, his voice slightly muffled as he wiped his nose with a tissue.

"The-" Y/N began, but Taehyung interrupted, his tone sharp and accusatory. "It's you who should tell about it. Just answer a simple question. What will you get by killing the students?"

Jungkook looked up, his expression a mix of confusion and frustration. "I don't know what made you think that I am the killer. Anyway, it's not me," he stated, his voice firm but tinged with a hint of defensiveness.

"Then why did you tell me 'not everyone who dies is innocent'?" Y/N questioned, a hint of skepticism in their voice.

"Because they deserve to die," Jungkook spat, his words sharp and filled with a chilling resolve.

"Let me guess the reason. Is it because they bullied Sooya & she suicided because of it?" Taehyung probed, his tone accusatory.

"You think it's suicide?" Jungkook shot back, a glint of uncertainty flashing in his eyes.