Chapter - 18

The sun was just beginning to rise, casting a soft golden glow across the room. Y/N stood near the window, her eyes fixed on the pastel hues of the sky as she sipped on her coffee.

"Morning." Yuna greeted with a sleepy mumble as she shuffled in the bed, still half-asleep.

Y/N turned to face her friend, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Morning," she replied, the warmth of her coffee cup seeping into her hands. The quiet hum of the morning enveloped them, a sense of peace settling over the room as they both enjoyed the serene start to their day.

The running sounds from outside grew louder, prompting Yuna to stir from her half-asleep state. "What's that?" she asked, her voice tinged with bewilderment.

"No idea." Y/N mumbled, equally curious as they both walked towards the door, the mug of coffee still in her hand.

Opening the door revealed a scene of chaos outside, with students running back and forth, whispering urgently to one another. Y/N furrowed her brows, trying to catch snippets of the news spreading through the crowd. The air was filled with a sense of urgency and excitement, leaving both Yuna and Y/N wondering what had caused the commotion gripping the usually quiet morning.

Y/N reached out and stopped a girl who was darting past them, her expression frantic and panicked. "What's happening here? Why is everyone running?" Y/N asked, her voice filled with concern.

The girl's eyes widened in disbelief as she looked at Y/N and Yuna. "You didn't hear? Soobin ssi is dead," she said, her words hanging heavy in the air.

Shock and disbelief washed over Y/N and Yuna, their hearts sinking at the news of another murder. The morning that had started so peacefully now felt shrouded in uncertainty and shock.

"What? When?" Yuna asked, her voice trembling with disbelief and confusion.

The girl shook her head, her expression grim. "No idea about that. He was found dead in his room, everyone's going crazy," she said before darting off into the crowd, leaving Y/N and Yuna standing in shocked silence. The news of Soobin's death hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over the once serene morning.

-

Namjoon's brow furrowed as he looked at the note that Hoseok handed him, his thoughts racing. "Same killer?" he asked, turning to look at Hoseok who nodded in agreement.

"Arghh... This is getting on my nerves," Namjoon murmured, frustration evident in his voice as he studied the words 'BEWARE' etched on the note. Before he could delve deeper into the investigation, Jackson's voice drew their attention.

"Namjoon ssi," Jackson called out as he rushed towards them, carrying a laptop in hand. The group gathered around the laptop, the glow of the screen casting an eerie light in the dimly lit room.

"The CCTV wasn't off this time. Take a look at this," Jackson said, showing them the CCTV visuals on his laptop screen. The others leaned in closer to get a better look at the footage.

On the screen, a black silhouette was shown moving stealthily, climbing up to the victim's room through the window. The figure remained inside for a few minutes before swiftly exiting the room and running away. The group watched in silence, a sense of unease settling over them as they tried to make sense of the chilling footage and piece together the events leading to Soobin's tragic demise.

"But, why did the killer didn't cut it off this time? It's suspicious," Hoseok said, his voice tinged with concern as he analyzed the CCTV footage.

"Maybe the killer must have thought 'they are really slow, so why don't we give them a hint'," Jackson said sarcastically, a hint of frustration evident in his tone as he threw his hands in the air. The group exchanged troubled glances, feeling the weight of their failure to apprehend the killer and bring justice to the victims.