Epilogue

AFTER TWO MONTHS

The bustling hum of the cafeteria filled the air as Y/N carefully maneuvered through the sea of students, a tray laden with an assortment of drinks in hand. The tray bore the weight of steaming coffee mugs, a delicate teacup, and a tall glass of fizzy soda, each emanating its unique aroma.

"Here," Y/N's voice carried over the chatter as she deftly placed the drinks on the table, a smile adorning her face. The clinking of glasses ceased as her friends each reached for their preferred drink, expressing gratitude with heartfelt thanks.

However, her smile faltered slightly as her gaze landed on Kim Taehyung, who was sneakily raising her caramel macchiato to his lips. "Yah, Kim Taehyung, that's mine," Y/N playfully scolded, reaching out to tug the cup away from him.

Taehyung pouted, his lips forming a slight frown as he reluctantly handed the drink back. "God, this girl is so scary," he muttered.

"Finally, hyung is scared of someone," Jungkook remarked, a mischievous glint in his eye as he teased Taehyung.

"I am not your hyung," Taehyung replied in a serious tone, a hint of nostalgia flickering in his eyes as they shared a knowing glance. The memory of an earlier time when Taehyung had uttered the same words in a fiercely spirit resurfaced, causing both him and Jungkook to burst into laughter.

Y/N glanced at Taehyung and Jungkook, a warm smile spreading across her face at the sight of the two former rivals now sharing laughter and camaraderie. It was a heartwarming moment to witness the bond of friendship that had blossomed between the once competitive pair.

Suddenly her thoughts drifted back to that fateful night, a shiver running down her spine as she recalled the horror of the attack. She remembered the fear that had gripped her heart as she cried out for Taehyung as his unconscious form lying before her.

FLASHBACK

Namjoon's voice echoed through the library as he and the police force scoured the room, their eyes darting from one corner to another. The sudden influx of students from the cafeteria caused a stir, with puzzled expressions and whispers spreading through the crowd. Jin, catching sight of Namjoon amidst the commotion, approached him with a mix of concern and curiosity etched on his face.

"What happened?" Jin questioned, his voice filled with a sense of urgency.

Namjoon's gaze focused on Jin, his eyes searching for answers. "Where is Jaemin?" He inquired, his voice laced with determination.

"I don't know," Jin answered honestly, his brows furrowed with concern. "Have you seen Y/N?" Namjoon pressed on, a sense of urgency in his voice.

"No, is something wrong?" Jin's tone reflected a growing unease as his mind raced to connect the dots.

Namjoon took a deep breath, the weight of the revelation heavy on his shoulders. "Jaemin is the killer. Y/N called us," he revealed, the words hanging in the air as a collective gasp rippled through the room. The realization of the danger they were in sent shockwaves through the students, fear and disbelief etched across their faces as they grappled with the truth.

"Officer, I saw her running to here about forty-five minutes ago. Oh, and Taehyung hyung searched for her. He must know where she is," Beomgyu offered, his voice filled with a hint of relief as he provided key information. Namjoon turned to Beomgyu, his expression a mix of anticipation and gratitude.

"Yeah, Taehyung came here," Jin chimed in, his voice filled with urgency. "He asked me if there is any rooms that are currently closed."

Namjoon's attention sharpened as he listened intently. "Is there any?" he questioned, his voice brimming with anticipation.