Chapter - 25

"Hey, the keys," Jungkook said, reaching into his pocket and handing Y/N the key to the storeroom.

"How did you get it?" Y/N asked, surprised by Jungkook's resourcefulness.

"I have my ways," Jungkook replied mysteriously, a small smile playing on his lips. "Anyways, be careful."

Y/N nodded appreciatively, accepting the key. "Sure."

Y/N prepared to venture into the storeroom, aware of the risks but also motivated by the potential information that lay within. She was grateful for Jungkook's assistance, knowing that they had to proceed with caution and use the opportunity wisely to uncover the truth they were desperately seeking.

-

Y/N's footsteps quickened as she entered the library, her heart soaring with joy at the thought telling Taehyung and Jimin that she got the keys. However, the sight that greeted her shattered her happiness into a million pieces. Taehyung was hugging a girl so tightly, his actions speaking volumes of a deep connection between them.

As Taehyung pulled away and ruffled the girl's hair, a bittersweet smile playing on his lips, he caught sight of Y/N. The pain in her eyes was mirrored back at him, the unspoken words hanging heavy in the air. Y/N's heart ached as she realized that Taehyung's closeness to the girl was more than just friendship, and the realization broke her in ways she never thought possible.

"Oh, Y/N?" Taehyung called out as he saw her walking past him, a smile on his face that faltered as she continued towards Jimin.

Y/N's voice was monotone as she announced, "Got the keys, meet me at 9 o'clock," before pointedly looking at the girl near Taehyung and stomping out of the library, her emotions brimming beneath the surface.

Confusion clouded Taehyung's expression as he settled down beside Jimin, watching Y/N's retreating figure. "What happened to her?" he questioned, a worried furrow appearing on his brow.

"That, my friend, is called jealousy. She is jealous that you hugged Jenna," Jimin explained as Taehyung looked bewildered by Y/N's reaction.

"But, why would she be jealous of that?" Taehyung inquired, genuinely puzzled by Y/N's emotional response.

"Won't you be jealous if she hugs another guy?" Jimin countered, trying to make Taehyung see things from Y/N's perspective.

"But, Jenna-" Taehyung started, only to be cut off by Jimin's firm insistence, "You go ask her." Taehyung fell into a contemplative silence, the realization dawning on him as he understood the underlying feelings that had fuelled Y/N's unexpected outburst.

-

A boy stood at the library counter, his gaze fixed on the polaroid picture in his hand. Memories from the past flooded his mind, tugging at his heartstrings as he reminisced about happier times long gone.

His eyes lingered on the image, each detail etched into his memory, stirring up emotions that had been buried deep within him. The boy's expression softened, a wistful smile playing on his lips as he relived the moments captured in the photograph, lost in a world of nostalgia and longing.

FLASHBACK

"Hey, noona? Come here," he called out, beckoning her to sit beside him. "What is it?" she asked as she settled down, curiosity in her eyes.

"Look, I found this in the box," he exclaimed, showing her a polaroid camera. "It's dad's. I wish he was still here," she said, a tinge of sadness lacing her words as she stared at the it.

"Hey, it's still working. Can we take a pic?" he asked, trying to lighten the somber mood that hung in the air.

"Smile~," he said, as they both posed for a new polaroid picture, capturing a moment of togetherness that they would cherish, a flicker of joy amidst the weight of their shared loss.