part 21 - The Light Within

Evelin had too fallen asleep after a couple of minutes just like Jason had. They were cuddling together when she felt some body movement in the mattress and woke up. Her eyes fell on Jason standing across the room in a corner, his body stiff and his fists clenched on the wall as if he was trying to hold himself back.

How had he gotten there so fast?

"Jason..." she whispered.

His body flinched as if he'd forgotten she was there but he didn't answer nor moved to look at her.

"What's wrong? " she continued as she sat on the edge of the bed.

For a moment he didn't talk and Evelin observed his body relaxing a little before he turned around and looked at her. His eyes were furious like some sort of blood thirsty instinct had awoken inside him. He sighed and his glare calmed down.

"Nothing." He moved towards her and kneeled in front of her and the bed. "Sorry, did I scare you? " he looked concerned.

"No. Why would I be scared of you? "Evelin touched his cheak and he gave her a nostalgic half smile. "Can I ask you a favor? "She asked.

"Whatever you want."

"Will you tell me not about what happened to you while the government had a hold of you? And how on earth are you still alive? They shot you in the heart you know!"

"Okay... I'll tell you." He gulped. "They did shot me but not in the heart they missed a little and once they brought me to their base they healed me. Once I was fully healed, they tortured me for days and nights," his eyes were like a fog or a thick glass was covering them. They became distant and hurt. " you see they thought my ability to control all the elements would be useful for their ambition to connect all wizards under their feet and rule their world so they wanted me to join them.... Through the trials they put me through I grew stronger and I became able to escape and so I did. I run and run and run till I was sure o left that hell behind me but when I looked around I realised I was alone. You weren't there, they had killed you... just like my family so an idea popped into my mind." His eyes were turning crazy and she was holding her breath socked by his pain." I'd kill them. I'd kill them all, especially Will, and I would put an end to their dream. But I couldn't do it alone,  so I freed your father and planned my revenge. "

Jason looked as if he'd awaken from a dream. His eyes focused on Evelin and a frown appeared between his eyebrows. He took her hands in his palms and kept staring at her as if he was memorizing every detail of her face. She hugged him tight and he had trouble breathing but he didn't complain.
"I love you. I love you so much! " Evelin whispered and a tear slipped her eye and fell on his shoulder.

In a heartbeat he'd stood up with Evelin in his arms both ignoring their injuries as Jason grasped Evelin's face and pulled her in a dazzling kiss that caught her breath away. Her heart literally skipped a beat when his hands run over her body grabbing her waist, her back, her shoulders, her neck.

"Mmmm" she moaned as a growl escaped from Jason.
"Like it? " he whispered and stopped to catch her breath.

"A lot!" She tried to kiss him again but he backed off.

"I thought you wanted to see your mum." He pointed and smirked at her.

Shit!  I had forgotten.... I must be the worst daughter of all!

"Yeah... I do." She said but the hesitation in her voice was obvious.  She wanted -no, she needed- to have more time with Jason.

"Don't worry,  she'll welcome you." He said thinking I must have been afraid my mum would turn me down.
I hadn't thought of that... thanks for giving me more to worry about!  She frowned.