Part 28 - One step too close.

She wanted to rush to her father's side and help him out but she couldn't move. Her body had gone paralyzed by fear of the creature in front of her. His eyes were sorely focused on her behind the bush. One more second and she was sure he'd attack her when a squad of six warrior-wizards appeared of nowhere. She had never seen them before and with a closer look she realized they were sided with the government.

Once they saw Jason they startled a little before they attack him. Two of them stayed in the back, crafting spells that would protect the other four in their attack but against Jason they were as well as stray puppies. They didn't even stood a chance. He looked at them as a mad man while licking his lips. With quick moves he jumped at the first one and broke his neck and took his sword with which he cut the second man's head off. All that in three seconds...

With the corner of her eye she noticed her father's figure close to the base watching Jason and whispering something to Timothy next to him while pointed towards Jason. She duck a little more so she'd be sure he didn't saw her, the last thing she needed now was a freaked out father.

Jason then unexpectedly disappeared leaving the other four looking around frantically like they were about to wet their pants. And then... there he was, only two centimeters away from the third man's face.

"Boo." He said and laughed his heart out at the shocked man's face.

He stood still for about twenty seconds, probably giving his enemies some time to fight back so he could enjoy it more... you could see it in his face. And in those twenty seconds all three of the survivors began casting every kind of spell there ever existed and attacked him with all their powers. Fire surrounded him and Evelin freaked that he might be injured and was on step from going out to help him before the smoke around him clear up and reveal him standing there without even a scratch.

A slow but deathly scary half smile carved his bleeding lips and as he made eye contact with those who attacked him Evelin got the feeling he'd just gotten serious. He lifted both of his hands midway his waist and unfolded his palms. A pressure surrounded the place and his black and yellow aura moved around the three wizards and started sucking their energy force until they were died. He had killed six people in less than a minute but he still didn't seem satisfied as he once again turned his attention towards Evelin.

She gulped and tried to calm herself as her heart rate was going insane. He began walking closer to her until he was just a few meters away from her.

Her father had gathered his own group of warrior-wizards and was about to head towards Jason's direction when he saw him talking to the bush and became curious of what he was doing.

"Come out, kitty-kitty... " He laughed and moved one step closer.

"Come on... I know you are hiding behind there... I can sense you... your fear more precisely." One more step." Just be a good girl and follow my order.... Or I'll have to come over there and drag you out myself and believe me... you don't want that."

Evelin was paralyzed, shaking from fear and her eyes welled up with tears... she took deep breaths, trying to prepare herself to confront him.

"I said COME OUT, DAMN IT!" He yelled and appeared behind her.

He grabbed her by the hair and lifted her up as she screamed from pain.

"Well, hello there. You had me waiting and just so you know... I hate waiting!" He threw her out of her hiding place.

Steven yelped by his daughter's appearance in the scene and ordered his men to quickly move towards her rescue.

Evelin turned around trying to quickly stand up but wasn't fast enough. He jumped on her and caught her by the neck as he lifted her up. Her feet were a few inches from touching the ground but her grasp was as strong as metal and she couldn't move.