part 13- the mission

She hadn't slept a wink due to what had happen that day. She turned around and saw Beck's sleeping face next to her. He seemed so small and vulnerable at the same time. Her gaze fell on the clock on the desk next to her. 01:29. Three hours had passed since Beck had fallen asleep but as much as she tried it was impossible for her to follow his example. Instead she carefully stood up while making sure she wouldn't wake him up and headed to the desc in the other side of the room, down the window.

She looked in it's drawers and found what she was looking for. A paper and a pencil. The moon's light fell from the window giving Evelin the light see needed. She sat on the chair and started sketching. She always enjoyed sketching when see was worried or upset, it calmed her down. Her eyes lost focus as her hands were running down the paper with the pencil. She remembered the good old times where she was living with Jason. They were both on their own when he found her and saved her life so she followed him everywhere like a puppy. She'd felt a connection with him from the first time. He was seventeen and she was fifteen. He took care of her like he would his little sister and then their relationship became deeper. They feel in love with each other and Jason was Evelin's first teacher in magic. He was gentle and never scolded her.

As she had find out, his parents were killed by the goverment's guards because they had stood up against them. He was his family's only survivor because his five year's older brother had hiden him in a secret space under the floor. Jason was ten at that time. Marcus- Jason's brother- knew his brother wouldn't stand quite while watching his family getting killed so he casted an immobilization spell on him. Eventhough Jason wasn't able to move or use magic, he could hear clearly his mother's screams as those monsters tore his brother apart. Her sobbing for losing her son and soon later her husband. The worst of all though was her mother's murder. Her blood fell from the floor's gaps letting her blood fell all over his face. And from the same gap her mother's gaze fell on him. Faintly smiling to him to reassure him. She was crying till life left her body.

He wanted to get revenge for his family but once he found Evelin he couldn't bare the idea of losing her too and didn't wanna get her involved in a bloody revenge so he gave up on that idea and decided to live safe and happy with her on his side. The only thing he wanted was to protect Evelin.... and he did. He sacrificed his life to protect her because he would rather die than live in a world without her.

...

Her mind was traveling at those times....

She remembered Jason drinking a glass of tekila thinking it's water and smiled. His face was hilarious! She remember herself falling from her sit from laughter. Jason was angry at her for not telling him it was alcohol. He wasn't good with it and couldn't stand it. She on the other side wasn't bad at it. She could drink at least five to six glasses and feel nothing but he started getting dizzy from the first glass!

A loud knock on the door broke her thoughty apart.
Steven's meeting must have come to an end. She thought.

She walked to the door and slowly opened it. It was him indeed.

"Sorry, did I woke you up?" Steven asked.

"No. I wasn't sleeping."

"You weren't? "He could clearly notice the black circles under her eyes that seemed kinda red.

"No I couldn't sleep. I was waiting for you."She lied.

"I see..... can I come in?"

"Yeah... but a friend is sleeping inside and I would appreciate if we wouldn't wake him up"

"Him?" He asked uncomfortable.

"Yes. Him... but Beck is just a friend. Don't worry."