part 23 - Meeting

Recap.

Pillows and gears had began flying in the room enclosing Evelin. She grinned and targeted them one by one and smashed them. Next was Anabeth but... she didn't intent to harm her... She pushed energy over at Anabeth and she stood still for a minute before falling on her knees. Her gaze fell on Evelin with wide open eyes.

"How... how did you do that?" Anabeth whispered. Evelin gave her a half smile. "I feel... peaceful! "

"I know." She smiled.

"And the winner is... Evelin! "James shouted.

Evelin's energy paced down and noticed everyone starring at her.

"Evelin do you have a minute? I need to talk to you." Emma looked at Evelin, her smile all gone.

***

Evelin was sitting outside the council's office. Her heart beating like a maniac,  her palms all sweaty as she was holding her head, looking at the floor. She was waiting to be told off by Emma and the rest council.

Why? Why did I do that?! If I had just sit there, not using my light, everything would have been alright, but I just had to fight hadn't I? Stupid!

"Evelin, come in. We 'd like to speak with you for a moment." Emma came out of the meeting room and called her in.

When Emma said "We'd like to speak with you for a moment." Evelin imagined she 'd have to face her, maybe Kelly and perhaps her parents but to her surprise she was now facing every single member of the council. A huge metalic black round table was in the middle of the room and every sit was occupied. Her eyes darted towards Jason, who seemed to be looking at some papers in front of him completely outraged and her parents who looked at her worried. Evelin noticed they were holding hands under the table and that made her smile a bit. 

The rest of the members seemed to be a different story. Some looked at Evelin with a frown between their eyebrows, others kept looking at her like they examined her and others seemed to be too afraid to make eye contact with her. Fourteen eyes on her and a furious Jason looking at the council members. Evelin gulped.

Except her mother, dad and Jason, she could also recognise Emma, Kelly, Jasmine and Jonathan in the crowd. In addition to them, five older people were joining and by their glares they didn't seem to like Evelin much. But three more kind eyes were looking at her, two males and one female.

The younger man seemed to be a black man in his late thirties with brownish skin, chocolate eyes and dark brown hair. The other man should have been in his early forties with shiny green eyes and black hair. The girl was about twenty-five with light blue eyes and short natural blonde hair.

"Please Evelin, take your sit." The blonde woman pointed to an empty sit next to an elderly woman with strict eyes and the man with green eyes she didn't know.

She sat and saw her mum encouraging her with a smile right across her. She smiled back and sneaked a peak at Jason. Was it her idea or did he avoided looking at her?

"Do you know why we called you? "The old lady next to her said.

Play it dump.

"Not really. Could you kindly inform me? "Evelin looked straight at her which pissed the lady.

"You are here because of your strange powers. You have harmed one of our member and you do whatever you want! Since the first day you came here you only bring troubles! "

The other four elder nodded in agreement.

"You overreact.  The girl was my friend! I didn't wanna harm her and what happened was a friendly combat as a class test."