part 14 -travelling with... um... dad?

"I'm not late, am I?" She said out of breath.

"No. Just in time." Steven looked at her gasping for air and noticed the cut she had. "How did you get hurt?! "He touched her cheak.

"I... I fell." She lied.

Steven took some paper out of her pocket and spilled some water on it. He then took it and carefully cleaned Evelin's wound.

"Try and be more careful...." He seemed worried.
Well, we are going rights into the wolf's mouth... feeling wary is natural. And we don't have that much time tp save mum, only three days left...

"So.... how are we going to leave from here?" She couldn't imagine a car entering the cave and then the oak tree she went through...

We'll pass the oak tree and then we'll continue on foot till we reach the normal world. Some cars will be waiting for us there and then we're off to Paris."

"Dad...." Steven stood frozen. He started at Evelin. "Everything will be alright. Don't worry. I will be fine."she smiled at him and he closed her in his arms.

"Come on. Let's go. We'll be late." He pointed and began walking. He was carring a small hiking bag on his shoulder, dark jeans and a V red T-shirt. His cloudy face seemed determined.

As they moved on they were both absorded in their thoughts.

Evelin couldn't take her mind off from what happened earlier. The pain she felt and the golden light she'd seen. What did all these mean about her powers? What were they? It scared her. She didn't want to talk about it with Steven nor Beck. They would worry too much.

"Here we are." He said and gazed at the huge tree in front.They both passed through it and placed on the forest they'd come the first time.

"So... when you came here, you went through the cave?" He asked.

"Yeah... Limn told me to."

"She did?"

"Yeah why?"

"Well... the cave's path is really hard to pass and there is a much easier way to come to the base. "A half-smile appeared on his lips. "She must have done it on purpose. "

"Huh?! If there is an easier way why she send me there? "

"She just wanted to have some fun I guess..." he said while grinning.

"Yeah, right!"

Steven's laughter sounded through the forest as they were walking.

***

After some hours of walking Steven magically transported them to the Great Lake.

"If we could just teleport or whatever that was why didn't we do that earlier? "Evelin was beginning to feel that day's tiredness.

"Because we couldn't. The Water spirit's present stops us . She doesn't let anyone enter. That is how she protects us."

"When I came here, Aura the wind spirit brought me by flying and I didn't see a road or something. How much walking do we have?"

"Don't worry we're not far. See that valley over there? "

"Yeah."

"Right after we pass it, there is a road. That is where the cars are waiting for us."

"So..."Evelin wanted to start a conversation. "What is the plam exactly? "

"As far as we've thought , Wolf, me and Jonathan- one of the other council members, are going to secretly enter their base and free your mother."