part 11-True sides of people

"Seriously?" Hope built up inside her. She would meet her mother! "But how? I thought their base was imposible to enter or exit." She worried about Steven. What if he got caught again?

"You forget I was there and escaped."

"Yeah but... if you get caught?"

"Well... I 'll just have to escape again. Those bastards won't keep me away from my wife and daughter again." His eyes locked on her's. His decision was clear and the fact that nothing was going to change his mind was obvious.

"I 'll help too."

"What? No!" He immediately shouted.

"Why not?"

"Cause it's too dangerous for you. You haven't trained long enough to protect yourself!" Images from her fight when Jason died came on her mind. Her weakness had gotten him killed.

"Why so silent all of a sudden? I thought you wouldn't back out so easy."

Silence.

"Evelin!"

"Huh?" His voice broke her thoughts.

"Were you hearing me ?"

"Yeah!" She lied and faked a smile .

She felt her heart aching. Beating fast, wanting to be in Jason's arms. She hid her face in Steven's arms.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." She lied again.

"Does it had to do with the person you mentioned earlier?"

Evelin pulled back from his hug to see his face.

"What person?" She tried to remember.

"The one you said had left you too, at your outburst. You stopped talking when you said He and then disappeared. " Evelin was dumpfound. How did he figure so much by so little information?" Did he harm you? Cause if he did I will find him and I 'll never let him hurt you again!"

"No. He didn't." She looked at the wall across her. "And he is not.... around anymore." Shr whispered and hid her face in his arms again.

Steven kept hugging her till she fell asleep. Now it all made sense to him. That guy was the one she loved. And he was dead. Steven could feel her pain. Losing the one you love is the worst loss someone could go through and he was apart from his loved one for seventeen years...

He gently pulled her dark hair from her face and observed his daughter's face. A daughter. My daughter! He thought. But he realised she looked so much to Rebecka. Her long eyelashes, her little nose, her lips that were different to each other as the down one was more full than the other...

And so he fell asleep too.

****

Some days later Evelin had almost recovered. Steven was constantly by her side wanting to know more about her. He often brought her books to read. Some about magic snd others for her free time. Her favourite were Harry Potter, Persy Jackson and of course The Fallen!

He also made sure she never lost an appointment with her doctor. Mrs Alisia Kesler was fun to be around and Evelin was feeling better everytime their healing session was over. Her sides felt like she had fallen asleep for two weeks and her right covered side would fortunatelly be removed today.

They got out of her room like usual to go to Mrs Alisia when her gaze fell on Beck standing with his back an the wall outside the library, staring at her.

When her treatment was done she felt move alive and full of energy than ever. Time to take the bandage off ! Yay!!! But once the bandage was off Alisia looked at her not sure what to say.