part 20 - Things are about to get awkward!

I want to devote this chapter to DarkShadowCookie for her support and for her incredible and inspired story!

Two cars were used for their transportation as almost all members were already at their facility. Kelly, Jasmine and an other man she didn't know and was in no mood to know, got in one car while Jonathan, Steven, Jason and herself got in the other. Just like when they came Jonathan was driving and her dad was next to him while she was in the back. The only difference was Jason sitting next to her. She felt her heart beating like a lunatic at his sight. She couldn't believe he was alive and next to her.

***Jason's point of view***

I can't believe I actually have her here, in my arms! I can't take my eyes off of her... what if something happens to her? What if... when she find the truth she'll want nothing to do with me? The thought alone made me feel scared and something blocked my throat but.... I have to stay strong. Not let the feelings take over or else... I may harm her. I shivered in the prospect of Evelin wounded or worse... by me. My tiredness was too strong and my body ached from the battle a week ago. Some government patrol found me and attacked me that's why I was late at my meeting with the council. When I'd reach home I'd sleep like a log - with Evelin on my side of course, there was no way I'd let her out of my sight ever again!

She yawned and placed her head on my lap, she too was really sleepy and fell asleep after a few seconds. She was holding my hand tight and didn't let go even while sleeping. That made me smile but then I sighed. I'd missed so many things from her life...That white glowing aura, her being able to escape Will as she was getting stronger and stronger, that half-moon shaped scar under her eye... I wonder how that happened. Oh... yeah, Steven had mentioned some new scar from his daughter's encounter with Maison. My fists clenched on their own. He'd pay for what he did to her and what he put her through... being locked up in a prison probably wasn't enough punishment. And as for Will.... he was already at my bad list, he just made his death worse.

"You okay, son?" Steven asked me and Jonathan glared at him for his tongue.

Steven was very kind to me and eventhough I was the one who saved him, he felt me as his son. I liked it to tell you the truth. I never wanted to be the organization's leader, I only took things on my hands after escaping the government's prison. I wanted revenge. For Evelin, for my parents and brother and for what they did to me so I helped Steven out so he could lead his followers against them but he said he was too old to be the leader and that our group needed fresh blood to start over so he made me their new leader.

"Yeah, thank you." I then realised what was going on and how odd it was.

I was sitting in the back of the car, enjoying their company -something I never do as I'd rather be on my own- with his daughter that as he knows I've never met sleeping on my lap. With Evelin not wanting to let go of me and me looking at her as if she were some sort of treasure without giving him any explanation. I think I blushed a little but I hoped he didn't notice.

"You sure? You look kinda pale... except for your cheaks." He pointed and smiled as my blush became more intense.

"No...um...I'm just a bit tired. Nothing more."
Fu** he is the father of the girl I love... and he knows what's wrong with me. What if he takes Evelin away? I can't allow that! I squished her in my arms and she smiled.

"Look , wolf. I wanted to thank you again for saving my daughter. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to her. I just found her." He gave me a warm smile and looked at his beautiful daughter.

"Steven. It is me that should thank you. You've always been there for me, guiding me. Thank you."

"I was there guiding you but you came to be an even greater and wiser leader than me. If I was in your place I would have let me go save Eve but as you judged correctly my worry blinded be and the outcome wouldn't be nice. So thank you for everything, Wolf." I nodded as an answer.