Chapter Thirty-Four

If you haven't read Chapter 33 posted a couple days ago, go read it first! Lots of plot movement.

A week and a half later...

You stared at the ceiling miserably while laying in your bed. Your plane to Kalos was scheduled for later today. Your dad took your Rotom Phone as soon as you arrived home, claiming it was to keep your eyes off the media. Every time you tried to bring up what happened, he always shut down the conversation. Thus, you weren't able to explain the truth to him.

It very much seemed like your dad believed what he saw on the report and the video was true. Perhaps it was best to get away from a parent who did not believe in you.

Your heart wrenched at the thought of Leon. You were going to be leaving him. You already knew you were in love with him, but you never were given the opportunity to tell him so. Especially with your dad taking away your Rotom Phone, meaning you have not been in contact with him since that night.

---

A week and a half ago...

After your dad hung up, you and Leon exchanged looks, feeling each other's heartbreak. You couldn't say anything, and just burst into tears.

"(y/n), every... everything will b-be okay, I... I promise," Leon sputtered out. He didn't sound confident.

"Why is this happening to me?" you cried. "What did I do to deserve this?"

You were glad that there was nobody in the area. It was frigid, and with the tension it is not a good time for anyone to be out and about. Tears streamed down your face, feeling cold and as if they are turning to ice.

"I promise that someway, somehow, I will fix this," Leon declared.

You wanted to believe him, but right now you didn't feel any hope.

"Leon, can you take me home?" you asked quietly. You wiped your eyes with your sleeve. "I don't to travel alone."

Leon gave you a weak smile and put a hand on your shoulder. "Anything for you, (y/n)."

Leon held your hand softly and guided you over to Charizard, who sheepishly was staring down at the ground. Charizard gave you a faint nudge and let out a soft breath, enveloping you with warmth. You patted Charizard on the head with gratitude. Leon helped you get on Charizard's back, then climbed on behind you. He held one arm around your waist. Charizard then took off into the sky.

After a few hours, you and Leon reached your home. As Charizard descended to the ground, you noticed your dad was already outside, his eyes narrow with suspicion as he realized you were with Leon.

"I thought I said to take a flying taxi," your dad commented sternly. "No matter, you're home. Come inside now."

"I can explain everything, it's all-"

"(y/n), enough," your dad barked. "You've done and said enough. Give me your Rotom Phone."

"But-"

"Now."

You slowly walked over, feeling humiliated. You were a legal adult, you don't know why you have to hand over your possessions. You just didn't have the energy to speak. You looked at Leon sadly. Leon walked over to you and hugged you, stroking your hair.

"Have you no shame?" your dad snapped at Leon. "Stop bringing my daughter down with you. I want you off my property."

Leon flinched. You knew it must have hurt. Leon would definitely want your family to like him.

"Goodbye, (y/n)," Leon said softly. "I-I l-lo-"

"It's time for you to leave," your dad interrupted.

You wanted to call out and tell Leon of your feelings, but the words caught in your throat. This was goodbye, for real. You couldn't fathom never feeling his warmth again while he embraces you, hearing his confident remarks, or experiencing life with him. Leon mounted Charizard, and with one final sad look, he took to the skies. You watched as he and Charizard disappeared into the horizon.

---

Present time...

You still had his cape with you. It has been a source of comfort during your isolation. You have only left your room for food and bathroom, thus you were left alone in your room with only drawing.

Is this what it's like to be grounded?

You never knew, as you never had a falling out with your parents. Your dad has barely interacted with you. You knew he was upset to let you go, but it was a decision made without your consent. You wondered what your mom was going to say when you arrived back in Kalos.

There was a knock on your door. You stayed silent, but your dad came in anyway. He looked exhausted, with bags under his eyes and a depressed expression.

"It's time to head to the airport," your father stated.

You ignored him. You sat up from your spot on the bed, then grabbed your already packed suitcase. You also grabbed your backpack containing your Pokemon. You were not going to leave them behind. Manectric's ball tilted slightly as it tried to comfort you.

"Look, (y/n), this is for the best," your dad said. "You can return to your old life, where none of this Galar drama took place."

You scowled, not acknowledging him. You took Leon's cape and folded it, placing it on your dresser with a note to your dad to return it to Leon.

"Please don't act like this," your dad sighed. Still no response from you. "Well, your flying taxi is outside."

"You're not even going to take me to the airport?" you spat. "You won't listen to me for my side of the story, assumed I'm some awful person, and then you don't even have the decency to take me to the airport to send me back to Kalos against my will."

Your dad started to speak, but you cut him off. "Save it. Your message that you want nothing to do with a failure daughter is clear."

You shoved past him and walked outside, boarding the carriage of the flying taxi. The taxi driver gave you a hostile look, clearly recognizing you from the news. Was there a single person who didn't know about it?

---

After a rocky ride where the driver took no care to keep it smooth, you arrived at the airport. Finally, you found a place where you weren't constantly met with hostility. Here, most of the people came from different regions around the world. None of them knew the issues of the Galar League. Thus, you could finally breathe.

You rolled your suitcase and held your boarding ticket in your hand, trying to find the security checkpoint.

You couldn't help but tear up. It was finally happening. You were leaving behind all of the friends you found here. Piers, Hop, Marnie, and Leon... Only one thing would be familiar, and that would be Diantha. However, neither of you were particularly close, and as she's the Kalos Champion, she will likely be very busy.

After awhile, you made it through security and found your boarding gate. Your plane was not due to board for another fifteen minutes, thus you took a seat in the terminal lobby.

You stared at the television screen hanging from the window. Currently, the Galar Region News was playing. Apparently, the lead news anchor had interviewed Leon sometime within the last few days, and was just permitted to share the footage.

"This fresh scoop will blow all of your minds... Tune in as we interview scorned Champion Leon about his alleged affair and his message!" the anchor exclaimed.

While you were curious as to what he has to say, your time has come to board the plane. You gathered your items together. Before you could walk to the plane, you were suddenly tackled to the ground.

"(y/n), you can't leave Galar!"

Thanks for the read and don't forget to vote!

After next chapter, I will be giving you guys a one-shot. It will not interfere with the publishing schedule of the main story chapters!