25.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎☻︎S

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎
☻︎S.YJ☺︎
━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

Eric hated staying at his house.

Sure he was with his mother at all times, but she was currently very pissed off at Eric for what he was sent home for. Principal Ju called her to pick him up and he could recall the face she made when she was explained to about what happened.

Mrs. Sohn was beyond disappointed to find out her son had broke into the school building, and the moment the blue haired hopped into the car, he was being interrogated for his foolish behavior. Eric went into detail about what he did, and she was less mad...however Eric also excluded Hyunjoon from the story because he knew she would be enraged if she found out her son hung out with a thug.

He also left Hyunjoon out because he regretted trusting him in the first place.

Eric was currently putting his clothes away in his drawer that was filled with stickers of his favorite baseball teams. His original plan was to text his friends to see how they were doing, but he got his phone taken away as the "at home punishment." He was going to argue, but his mother said that "Eunyoung took Jeno's phone away and he didn't complain."

Eric had just finished putting his last pair of pants in the drawer when he heard a knock on his door. He didn't need to look to know that it was his mother, so without turning around, he said, "Do you need something, Mom?"

"I just wanted to check up on my only child," she said, sitting down on his creaky bed. Eric hadn't slept in his bed in months and never bothered wanting a new one as he rarely slept there anymore.

"Correction, your disappointment of an only child..." Eric says in a monotonous voice.

"You aren't a disappointment, Eric," she said. Her heart started aching from what her son had thought himself as.

"No need to cheer me up, Mom. I was stupid and trusted someone I shouldn't have, thinking that he could help me raise my grades without studying. I should've listened to Sunwoo..." Eric never apologized, and now he probably won't be able to if Hyunjoon doesn't return those files.

"Speaking of Sunwoo, where is he? He usually lives with us when his orphanage is being overcrowded, and that fire incident that recently happened left many kids homeless. I'm sure his orphanage is packed." Sunwoo never liked staying at his orphanage, so he would always sleepover at Eric's house whenever he needed time away from the other orphans.

Eric doesn't immediately respond as his eyes stumbled upon an old photo of him and Sunwoo with their arms around each other. Sunwoo was smiling wide while holding a trophy his team received from winning the soccer tournament. Eric remembers going to all of his games and shouting as loud as he could whenever his best friend scored a goal.