20.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎☺︎H

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎
☺︎H.HJO☻︎Y.SH☺︎H.RJ☻︎H.JS☺︎???☻︎
━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

{9:53}

The night was still young with stars still appearing in the sky and the temperature only getting colder. Hyunjoon, Jisung, Renjun and Sanha had just made their way to the secretary's office and began their work. Renjun and Jisung were in charge of hacking into the computer while Sanha and Hyunjoon placed everything back where it was to remove their fingerprints.

Despite Renjun still being terribly sick, Hyunjoon needed help on the hacking process and Renjun was one of his best hackers being second to Jisung. Plus, Renjun insisted on helping, regardless of his two boyfriends' objections. He said he hated sitting back and doing nothing and that he already felt better than before thanks to the small match and cup of water.

Renjun and Jisung's faces light up as the computer starts again. They immediately get to work with changing camera footage from removing certain scenes and slowing down others to make it look as if nothing happened.

Sanha was busy taping the password back in its original place and Hyunjoon dusted off visible footprints. However...something felt off.

Hyunjoon wasn't a genius when it came from recognizing footprints, but he noticed how there were more feet than usual. The only people who entered the secretary's office were Sanha, Sunwoo, Jaemin, Renjun, Eric, and himself. There were 2 extra pairs of feet walking in all sorts of directions. The only way Hyunjoon could tell they were different was because mud was coating the floor instead of the usual dust.

Dirt would've made more sense than mud. The unusual footprints had to have appeared recently as rain started pouring around the time the boys were gathering in the gym the first time around 6:00. Since none of the Cute Boys or normal boys have been outside at all that day, then it must've meant the footprints didn't belong to any of them.

"These people must've been outside recently...which means..." The metal gears were spinning in Hyunjoon's head as he began reminiscing about everything the others were saying. He turns to Sanha who was also on the floor, "San, Jun, when you two were here last, were there mud footprints on the floor?"

Sanha looks at the younger who looks back at him, "I...don't remember seeing muddy footprints. Jun?"

The Chinese shakes his head, "Nope, I didn't see anything. I'm pretty observant of these kinds of things and I promise I would've mentioned anything about mud footprints if I saw anything."

Hyunjoon looks back at the footprints that were staring at him back, "That means these must've appeared after they left...after the loud noise happened...after Renjun and Sanha witnessed a black silhouette outside..."