19.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎☻︎NB☺︎CB☻︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎
☻︎NB☺︎CB☻︎
━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

{6:58}

The gym was fully dark now as the only light that was illuminating them was the matches they were holding for warmth and Jisung's newfound lighter. The boys were in certain groups, but they mostly stayed huddled together for additional heat. Everyone was in the gym except for Norenmin, making everyone worried as they started coming up with theories that they died from hypothermia.

But their theories soon died as the three rushed through the gym doors, rushing to get Renjun a blanket and match as the boy was starting to seriously be sick. Jeno handed the flashlights out while Jaemin wrapped Renjun up in a burrito and stayed next to him to be his caretaker.

"W-What took you guys so long?" Eric asked while grabbing a flashlight from his older cousin.

"T-They were probably making out somewhere!" Sunwoo jokes. Even in the most extreme times, Sunwoo would always crack a joke to lift up the mood. It was just a part of his humorous nature.

"No we weren't! Renjun collapsed from the cold, so we had to make sure he was warm enough to continue moving forward!" The boy lies, not wanting to tell the others that they actually confessed their love to each other and mayhaps even shared a kiss afterwards.

"Whatever, that's not important right now," Hyunjoon says, tightly wrapping the think fabric around him. He's been in the building enough times to not be affected by the cold, however it was the first time the boys didn't bring any proper equipment to keep themselves warm.

"Eric and I have been talking about possible ways to leave the building, but since there's 15 of us, it's going to be a lot harder so..." Hyunjoon pauses once he makes eye contact with the other boys whose eyes were hopeful and full of optimism. He didn't want to crush their dreams of escaping, as shocking as it sounds, but he couldn't lie to them either, "I'm sorry guys...but there's no way of escaping without something going wrong. As much as I wanted to get out of here with clean hands, I can't...it's impossible."

The ravenette watches as everyone's once blissful eyes were replaced with a mixture of fear and disappointment. Hyunjoon didn't want to ruin their mood, so he adds, "But...I won't go to sleep until I have come up with a good enough reason to not be expelled or suspended. I promised all of you that I would take care of you and make sure we won't be punished, and I'm going to keep that promise all the way."

The others give Hyunjoon a small smile, knowing how hard everything must be for the older. Hyunjoon always gave them a shoulder to rely on, but he never had anyone to rely on himself. Especially in school where everyone looks at him like some sort of leader to the Cute Boys. And in many ways, he is.

The boys fall into a long silence, not knowing what to do anymore. Sunwoo, not liking the quiet atmosphere at all, says out loud, "You know what...it's not that bad here."