32

Acacia-

I lay in bed in silence. I didn't know what to think anymore. I wasn't in shock anymore and the sadness started to finally hit me. Hard. Who killed her? Why? Most of me told me that Nathan did it but it was impossible. He didn't do it.

I heard the doorbell ring and dragged myself out of bed. I looked over the banister at everyone. Jack and his girlfriend were happily wrapped in eachothers arms. Taylor mummered something that I didn't quite catch and Angie snickered. He walked over to the door and strained my neck to see who it is. And once I laid my eyes on who it was, I wish I would've stayed in my room.

Taylor was in shock as Kiara walked through our doorway. Hell.

"Where is she?" She asked as she looked around.Taylor shrugged. I went to turn and go back to my room but the floor boards creaked under me. I tried to make a ln escape but Kiara's eyes locked on mine.

"Acacia..." she says and steps toward the stairs. I backed up.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Please. I helped you escape. Please just talk to me it's important. " She looked genuinely sad. But I knew but than that.

"You also stabbed me in the back and tried to kill me. Therefore I really don't-" I started to yell but she interrupted me.

"It's about your mother." Her words instantly stopped me in my tracks.

I waved her upstairs. Taylor comes up to and pulls me to the side.

"If you need me just yell. Okay?" He gave me a worried look. I nodded and gave him a little smile. He pulled me into him.

"We need to talk too." I whisper. I feel him nod. We finally pull away.

I grabbed Kiara by the arm And pulled her into my room. I shut and locked the door behind us.

"Talk. Now." I said monotone. She walked closer to me and I backed away.

"No. Just because I let you talk doesn't mean we're best friends again. That will never happen." I said. She looked hurt.

"Fine. I'm the one who found your mom. The house was a complete mess. It looked like she was robbed. So it wasn't Nathan." I laughed at her.

"What's so funny?"

"After everything that's happened, after everything you've been through, you still defend him." I didn't show it, bit I was genuinely hurt.

"I wasn't I -"

"No just get out. Get out of my face."

"No Acacia please. You didn't let me finish. There's someone-" Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Get out!!" I pushed her and she her head hit the dresser. Hard. She didn't move. Taylor must've heard it because he was banging the door. I unblocked it and he came running in. He was Kiara on the floor then looked at me. Luckily she was still breathing.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I just got mad." Without thinking I grabbed Taylor and kissed him. I needed something. I needed him. He was shocked but he kissed me back. I threaded my hands in his hair and he pulled me closer. Just the slightest touch of his makes makes my skin burn. He ran finger along my back made goosebumps rise. I tug slightly on his hair making him moan under my lips. After a couple seconds, I snapped out of it and pulled away.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." I said, staightening my shirt out.

"Its okay." He looked dazed.

"So what do you we do with her?" I ask him. I did my best to change the subject.

"I guess we can leave her in here until she wakes up." I nod.

"But we need to talk." He says.

"Okay."