Washington DC.

~...

Silence.

Ava hadn't muttered a word since the night before. Even sitting on the stage at Nationals, bright, burning lights, illuminating her body. She still stayed silent.

Obv course she knew the answers. Ava almost always knew the answers, thanks to the academy. she chose not to press the buzzer before her. She chose not to look up at the crowd or her classmates desperately cheering them on from the sidelines.

"We have now entered sudden death. The next correct answer wins the championship."

Silence.

But not from Ava. Her team didn't know the answer.

The brunette lifts her head, seeing the panicked looks of her classmates as the rival school was reaching for their buzzer.

Buzz

Ava had caved. She couldn't hide how much she cared for her school life, even if it made her weak. "Midtown tech?"

She looks over at the host "zero." She replied, refusing to look at any of her teammates.

Awaiting the hosts reply, you could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"That is correct. Midtown takes the championship." Cheers erupted from the sidelines as arms were wrapped around Ava, making her really uncomfortable.

"See told you we didn't need Peter!" Flash exclaimed excitedly.

Peter.

Ava scans the room, she has been so focused on herself, that she hadn't even noticed he was gone.

Her eyes fell on Ned, who looked just as anxious as herself.

Where the hell are you Peter Parker?

~...

Although Ava had broken her silence pact. She still choose not to speak to Mj, she was hurt. She trusted Gwen and Mj's words, but they didn't seem to trust hers.

She was beginning to realise, that this is why the academy trained them to be alone, no weaknesses.

Care and trust for another always ended with hurt.

Brushing off her blazer she looks up at the Washington monument, wow it was tall.

Stepping inside, she found herself in line with Liz. Liz was over the moon with their win, a smile not leaving her face.

"I covered for you. We're at the Washington monument." Ava and Liz both overheard Ned on the phone, in front of them.

Liz clearly thinking the same as Ava she grabbed Neds phone. "Peter is that you? You flake. You're so lucky we won. I want to be mad, but I'm more worried. Like, what's going on with you?"

Ava examined Neds reactions to everything Liz was saying. He covered for Peter?

What the hell was a kid like Peter Parker hiding?