Chapter 200

Lisa's mind became slightly impatient when he was unable to fend off the attack from Jennie's pillow. He violently pressed Jennie and her pillow down against the bed while stubbornly refusing to let go.

Unable to vent her internal dissatisfaction, Jennie became so anxious that her face flushed while tears persistently streamed down her face. As she could not struggle free from Lisa, she could only sob while she remained underneath him.She resembled a small wounded animal that used its little claws and fangs to retaliate against him.

Her current state caused Lisa to feel a strange sense of panic. Although she was previously wrongly accused ofbeing a murderer, her face had always remained indifferent during the numerous and repeated interrogations. She was so calm that it seemed like the matter did not concern her. Moreover, she had never sorrowfully cried tears of anguish.

When she encountered those vermin in the prison who beat her up, she endured the harm that they inflicted upon her with her exceptionally patient heart.

She also calmly retaliated when Feng Rao humiliated her during the banquet. Had she ever behaved so hysterically?

It looked like her heart was truly filled with resentment for him.

Lisa gradually understood it when he thought of this factor. It was not as if his Little Nini had not felt the pain. Rather, she had not seriously taken the people who hurt her to heart. Hence, they could not deeply hurt her because she automatically overlooked and disregarded insignificant people. However, the same things did not apply to him in her mind.

The pain that he inflicted upon her could be likened to a stab. Furthermore, these stabs would ultimately lead to a violent death.

Lisa suddenly lowered his head to kiss thewoman underneath his body. Despite her resistance, whimpers, and persistent tears, he did not want to explain too much. This was the only way for him to express his innermost feelings.

If Lisa knew that refusing to explain today would result in him narrowly losing Jennie in the future, he would definitely make a new decision. If he knew that walking alone was unlike two people carrying the burden together, he would not have buried everything at the bottom of his heart.

However, there was no use crying over spilled milk. (TN: Used an English idiom with a similar meaning instead of directly translating the
Chinese saying.)

*

Jennie became completely indifferent towards her relationship with Lisa after she discovered this matter.

Since she could not win against Lisa, she came straight to the point and decided on a cold war. As she had initially disliked dealing with Lisa, she had found a suitable reason for it at this moment.

She might as well let it be as she was waiting for them to break up!

Lisa allowed her to do as she pleased this time instead of forcing her.

When they embraced each other and slept at night, he was additionally affectionate towards the woman in his arms but he did not go any further because he was afraid of upsetting her.

Nonetheless, they respected each other as husband and wife during the day and went everywhere as a pair while acting as though nothing had happened between them in front of outsiders.

Jennie secretly laughed to herself. Her days were exactly like Tzuyu's now. The men of the Manoban Family were truly toxic.

Lisa's heart became less assured the more calmly Jennie acted. It seemed as though he had instantly lost his sense of direction despite being the one who had always led their days.