Thrity Seven

Yi Bo put his foot down on the pavement after he got out of a cab that sends him home. Yi Bo still standing in front of a decent two storey house and looked at it when the cab rolled down the street, leaving him alone.

He started to walk again and step into the porch of the house. He stood in front of the glass door and looked inside. Inside the house, a white Maltese was running chasing a small ball that rolling on the floor.  The Maltese stopped and turned to the door when it scenting the presence of Yi Bo. It began to bark and bounce up and down in the center of the room. Yi Bo smiled looking at that small dog.

"Booth! Don't be noisy! Ye Ye is not well!"  A female voice shouted at the Maltese from the other part of the house.

Yi Bo flabbergasted when he heard the voice. The feeling of happy and nervous filling his chest. He stepped forward, closer to the door, wanted to see the female. And a while later, a middle-age woman appeared. And she gasped when she looks at the glass door where the Maltese barking and bouncing around in front.

The woman quickly ran to the door and opened the door for Yi Bo.

"Ma..." Yi Bo called the woman.

"Bo Bo...! Where have you been?" The woman touched the boy's face, checking him if he got hurt. Tears flooded on her eyes.

"Ma, I miss you!" Said Yi Bo. Then he hugged the woman.

"Where's Pa?" Asked Yi Bo after they had enough hugged each other.

His mother stared at him with wet eyes.

"He was very shocked when Yi Li told us that you run from home. He couldn't bear the surprise. He got heart attack...!" Informed his mother.

Yi Bo jolted up. He never thought that his decision to leave his sister's house will caused breakdown to his parents. His father. He used to think that his father was a tough person who always stern to take a decision for his children, like sending Yi Bo to the US since he was in highschool only to get him a better education and to be more independence and responsible, even though that time Yi Bo refused the idea very hard.

"I want to see him!" Said Yi Bo.

The woman nodded. She led Yi Bo to a room in the ground floor,. while the Maltese was still trying to get Yi Bo's attention by running and brushing itself against Yi Bo's leg. But Yi Bo was too worry about his father and didn't pay attention to the dog.

His mother opened a room door. Yi Bo saw the man was lying on a bed. The infusion wires that connected to the infusion pump attached into the veins on the back of his hand and arm.

"Is he sleeping?" Asked Yi Bo, half whispering.

"No... He just resting...." Replied his mother.

They stepped into the room silently. Yi Bo took a chair and placed it next to the bed. He stared at the man's face. His father's eyes were closed. From the uneven breath that the man makes, Yi Bo knew that he is not sleeping.

"Pa..." Yi Bo started to speak. His voice sounded broken.

"I'm here. I'm back...." He continued . This time he only able to whisper.

Yi Bo took his father's hand which is free from the infusion wires.

"I'm sorry for making you worry and fall ill...."  Said Yi Bo.

His mother who couldn't bear to watch them, walking out of the room and broke in the living room.

Yi Bo still sitting beside the bed while holding his father's hand.

"I'm... So selfish. I only think about myself. About what makes me happy, without thinking about the impact to you and ma...." Yi Bo sobbed.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...."