Chapter 25: Ditched

We were all riding on an endless car ride back to Camp-Halfblood. It was only endless because of a certain boy (cough Kyle cough) wouldn't shut his trap.

Finally when I couldn't stand it anymore I said,"Ok! Here we are!" I gave him a fake smile.

He was on the side closest to the potato patch so I gave him a shove. He flew into the the potato patch with a thud. "Hey!" He said realization spreading across his face.

"Drive!" I yelled to the driver he got the message. When your in New York people don't usually question these things. He floored it.

After about a minute or two he asked,"Do you kids have the money I need for this ride?" All eyes turned to Jack. He smiled sheepishly. "Uh funny story I kinda gave all our money to the first cab driver...." Everyone started digger through their pockets and we came up with a paper clip, jolly rancher, a five dollar bill, and a meatball(I'm not going to question why that was in Percy's pocket. Maybe a afternoon snack?)

Anyways we showed it to him and he scowled at us. He slammed on the brakes so hard that my head hit the back of the car seat in front of me.

"Out!" He yelled at us.

"Please! Just....take the meatball!"

"OUT!" We all filed out of the car and he sped off.

"Well let's get walking," Annabeth said.

"Well! Isn't so fun when it happens to you is it?" I could practically hear him smiling as I turned around to see none other then Kyle.

"What? How? How did you get here so quickly?!" I exclaimed.

"Well if you play as many sports as I do you learn how to keep up with a car. I play football and soccer and-" he stopped and started to stutter. "It's-it's a-a-."

I turned to see a women towering over us. She had brownish-grayish hair and a dress woven out of what looked like potato stalks and she didn't look happy. "WHO CRUSHED MY POTATOES!"