Chapter 39: On My Way To You

JUNE 12, 2022 | VALENZUELA CITY | 2:00 IN THE AFTERNOON | KID ROXAS

I am already outside Allie's house, standing beside my aunt while she's knocking at the door. I can't describe how nervous I am. This is the scariest moment I've had so far. I don't know what will happen. It's definitely a matter between life and death.

Allie's mom opened the door and told us to sit on the couch. 

"Tiyang, kailangan kasi namin ng tulong mo." Aunt Estela mentioned before she took her seat.

"Anong nangyari, Be?" she asked Aunt Estela with a worried face

Aunt Estela looked at me and said, "Tiyang Dahlia, pamangkin ko nga pala, si Kid. Yung nasa Canada na nakabase. Pumunta sya rito para kay Allison..."

"Ha? Bakit? May atraso si Allison?"

"Wala po, Tiyang. Si Kid pa nga me atraso."

"Tita  Dahlia, I broke your daughter's heart and now, I know that I made the worst decision. I want to be with her again and I'll do whatever it takes. Please." I told Allie's mom

She stared at me for  a while. It seems like she's cursing me but she chose not to let those words come out of her mouth.

"Kid, sa huli anak ko pa rin ang magdidesisyon.  Di kita matutulungang bumalik sayo si Allison pero mabibigay ko lang yung lugar kung nasaan sya ngayon." 

"Nasaan po sya?"

"Nasa hotel and resort sya ngayon sa Tanay. Kahapon lang umalis. Three days sya run. Mountain Grace Hotel and Resort ang pangalan. Malayu layo ang byahe, umalis na kayo agad kasi gagabihin kayo."

We obeyed her and left immediately. Thankfully, Aunt Estela's son, Kuya Din also happened to be in Valenzuela and he's driving his car. My aunt called him and told him that we will go to Mountain Grace Hotel.

My cousin picked us up and he's with his wife, Sandy.

"Bakit bigla tayong pupunta sa hotel? Ano meron?" Asked Kuya Din

"Uy, bigla kang napauwi, Kid ha." he added

"Sorry, Kuya. Sasagutin ko po lahat. Kailangan ko lang po mahabol yung babaeng mahal ko." I answered

"Sandy, nakalimutan ko magpaload. Patawag nga ako. Tawagan ko si Papa ta sya na bahala sa bahay." Aunt Estela said

I can feel that I am getting closer to her. I know I am closer to Allie. This is my one last chance and I'll never waste it.