Chapter 4: Always In My Head

A week passed and things went good between Allie and I. I knew few things about her like she loves coffee and usually stays in a café. She doesn't hate traffic that much because she always have her earphones with her but she hates being tired. It also surprised me that she's into rock music. Her playlist is too noisy. I told her once that listening to growling singers is hard for me and my throat aches for them. I was dead serious and she said, "but those singers are really good. It's hard to sing that way. I've been trying to scream and growl for years and I really can't do that."

I thought she's joking because if you look at her, she looks like flowers and dreams with cherubim singing.

"Kuya influenced my music taste. Mama always tell us that our songs are for devils." she added noticing that I was a bit shocked with what she told me.

"So we already have difference." I said

"Yeah. You didn't see that coming, right?"

"Yeah. Too far from your image."

"I have a lot of images."

Mysterious, Allie. Really mysterious. There's something new about her everyday and I am like a detective solving that mystery about her. I am sure that I like her. There's a lot of things that I really like about her.

"Do you know One OK Rock?" she asked

"The Japanese band?"

"Yeah! That's my favorite and Takahiro is my crush."

"Takahiro is thin."

"and so? His voice is out of this world and he's really cute. He looks so young for his age. I really like him."

"but you have a boyfriend"

"LOL, Daniel. We broke up last year."

So they broke up last year without me noticing it. She's active in social media but I never noticed it. I think she concealed it. Even though she posts a lot, her life is still private.

"Wait. How did you know that I am Kid Daniel?" I asked

"Duh. We were schoolmates." She answered

"But we were not classmates"

"I know but it's not impossible to know your name and my seatmate back in high school mentioned you a lot of times."

"Who?"

"Maceio. Maceio Valdez."

"Oh. His brother was my best friend."

"Yeah. That's why I know you. You're always with Paulo Valdez and he doesn't want to bring his lunch box and that's why you guys always go to our classroom because Mace was the one who brings that for him."

"Woah! How can you remember those?"

"It's all in my mind."

Then suddenly, I remember everything. Yes, she was beside Mace whenever we go to their classroom to get Paulo's lunch. She always had those observant eyes and giggles when Mace rants. Yes, she was there all along.

"So you're into performing now, right?" I said to start a new topic

"Hmmm. Yes I love performing. I used to perform as an actor back in college and also joined a band."

"I've never seen you in plays before."

"I played the role of Laura maybe you forgot about it. All high school students watched our play. Maceio was my Florante."

"I think I remember that. I remember we were shouting back then because Mace was like our little brother and Paulo was laughing all the time too. So you were his Laura. Pretty girl always get major roles."

"I think your group started shouting "kiss" when Florante found me in the woods."

This girl's memory is sharper than the sharpest. I don't know why everything was crystal clear in her mind.

"Yes, Paulo started that and since we're friends, we supported him." I agreed

"You know what? Maceio and I hated that moment. We were stuck on the stage and the lights didn't turn off and we don't know what to do because that's not included in our script then we heard our director saying, "Give them what they want so we could end this!"

I felt bad but I found it funny. I was one of the reasons why she had her first kiss.

"So Mace was your first kiss, huh?" I teased

"No. We just did a beso."

"I wanna hear your voice." I said

I don't know why I said that but I really want to but I am not also planning to say that. She already read my message and I was left with no choice.

"What am I gonna say?" she asked

"Anything. Introduce yourself?" I answered

I thought she's going to reject me but nah, it's not a big deal. After a minute, I received a voice message.

"Hi, I'm Allie. I am 24 and I don't know what to say. (giggled)"

That voice message left me speechless. Her voice is so beautiful. Her voice is so warm and she sounds like a broadcaster. I love the way she talks. She has an American accent. She's so beautiful.

"You sound cool!" I said

"LOL. Good night, Daniel!"

"You know what? People don't call me Daniel and I never want to be called that way."

"but I think it's okay if it's you." I added

"Okay, Daniel."

Okay. She doesn't have any reaction.

"Good night, Allie. Talk to you later!"

"Yeah, later!"

Her day just ended but she started mine so great. Her voice played in my head. Again and again. Again and again. I listened to her voice message so many times that I can't count how many. She's addicting like a drug. I give up. She's everything I want.

It all started with a dream and if I'm still dreaming, please don't wake me up.