Chapter 21: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

2020 is such a cruel year but I'm glad that I made it here. Cheers to all the challenges that we've been through and cheers to all of our achievements.

I'm done with the Christmas shopping and wrapped the gifts too. Kurt and Deianna helped me arrange those under the Christmas tree while mom decorated our home. I love seeing our house filled with lights and merry decors because the kids love it and it's vibe feels great in our home.

We also went to shopping for new clothes this yuletide season. Mom suggested to have a theme and Callah told us that pajama party would be nice and most of them approved it. So Pine bought us satin pajamas and assigned colors that fits our personality, according to him.

So yeah, here are his reasons:

Mom is yellow- She is the star of our home

He is black- No sentimental reason. Just his favorite

Kurt is blue-No sentimental reason too. Just his favorite as well.

Deianna is pink- Because that color is girly

I am white- Because alyssums are white and I got the fairest skin

Callah is red- Because she's good at making our blood pressures high

Violet is obviously violet. I don't have to explain why

Damian is green-Because that's the other available color for man's PJs

Gabb is lime green- Because he looks like Damian

I also bought gifts for my friends and we decided to meet two days before Christmas. I can say that I'm the best when it comes to choosing gifts because they always love it. Last year, I bought Chelsea a book about being a fur mom and she cried for being too happy. I bought Jane ten packs of Morinaga DARS because she's having a hard time looking for it here in the Philippines and I bought Tan a pair of drumsticks to encourage him to play drums again. He stuck his old drum set in their garage. This year, I bought something new for them. I bought Chelsea some vegetable seeds for her growing garden. Some canvas, brushes, paints, and a palette for Jean to encourage her to go back to arts and a box of vitamins for Tan because he's usually sick during cold season.

Actually, I am not expecting anything from them. I just want to see them happy and that's my way of showing how much I love them.

DECEMBER 23, 2020 |

Nathan called and said that he'll pick me up at 3 in the afternoon. I prepared after the call and made sure that the gifts were packed well. I was upstairs when mom called and said that Tan was downstairs waiting. I checked the time, it's just 2:55.

"Ganyan talaga yan, Nak. Mabagal talaga yan kumilos. Hatid mo ulit ha." Mom said

"No prob, Tita." He answered

"Oo nga pala. Nagbabalak yan si Allison na bumili ng kotse. Ikaw na lang magturo magdrive. Busy si Pine madalas e." she added

Mom is always like that. She tells Nathan a lot and asks him a lot giving him no chance to say no. Tan is always like that also. He's always willing. They give me headaches.

I went downstairs at exactly 3:30 and saw Nathan laughing as he watch me.

"Alas tres usapan diba?" he asked

"3:30 pa lang ah. Kala mo naman napakatagal."

He sighed and we both bid our goodbyes to mom and went straight to his car. He opened the door for me and I was shocked because that's not usual.

"Mukha kang tao ngayon. Bagay sayo yang dilaw mong dress. Nagliliwanag ka." He said then he shut the door

It's weird but I brushed it off.