Chapter 10: Cupid Found His Way, So do I

APRIL 30, 2020 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada |9 IN THE EVENING | KID ROXAS

I checked Allie's account while waiting for her to wake up and saved few photos of her. I noticed that she likes wearing a dress. She's stylish and classy. She looks good in her red vintage dress. I think we'll look perfect together. That attire is perfect then I'll wear my black coat. Too much imagination, eh?

I felt sleepy because I'm tired but I wanna talk to Allie but she's obviously asleep. My anxiety attacked that time too. I was thinking what if Allie won't like me back?

So I decided to disturb my friend, Marco.

Marco is my closest friend now. We met each other in Durham College and he's also my classmate. He calls me Jackie Chan because he thought I'm Chinese. I call him El Chapo because he's Mexican.

"El Chapo, something's bothering your Asian friend."

"What? Corona virus?"

"Fuck, no! I'm in love and I already told her."

"Who's the girl? Too bad for her"

"Fuck you! She's Allison. She was my schoolmate back in high school."

"Oh, childhood friend?"

"No but we're somehow friends. I liked her at first because she's really pretty, smart, and classy. She's a licensed teacher but currently working in court."

"Cool, Jackie! Send me a photo of her. I'll tell you if she's pretty."

I sent her my favorite picture of Allie wearing her red vintage dress.

"Jackie, she's too pretty for you."

"We look good together. Anyway, IDK if she likes me too but I think she feels the same way."

"I hope she feels the same for you. I'm glad for you, Kid! She looks so decent and beautiful."

"Very beautiful, Marco"

"IKR. Too beautiful for you"

Marco is always like that. He knows a lot about me and I also know what's going on in his life. He told me that he wants me to be his lawyer on his case against his previous employer. I was with him on his drunk nights whenever he feel frustrated about his divorce. We also study together and brag about our grades. I'm glad I have him.

I grinded some coffee beans because I wanted to stay awake. I watched few debates because my love's still snoring. She's a huge sleepyhead. I think she could sleep for a day.

It's already 2 a.m. when she sent "Good morning"

"Sakin talaga morning na haha" I told her

"Haba ng tulog ko" she said

"Puyat ka 'no?"

"Napuyat sa Peaky Blinders"

"Ang ganda no?"

"Sobra. Naaadik na nga ako e."

"Pero mas maganda ka syempre"

"Okay. Thanks"

"Very good"

"Oo nga pala, Daniel. Sabi mo mahal mo ako diba?"

"Oo. I love you, Allison."

"There's a lot about me that you should know. You can still change your mind."

"I'm serious, Allie."

"I'm serious too."

"Okay. Ano yun?"

"Malikot ako matulog, minsan nahuhulog ako sa kama, di ako marunong magluto, takot ako sa malalim, takot akong matulog mag-isa, takot akong mapuna, takot akong mapahiya, takot akong maiwan, takot ako sa heights, allergic ako sa seafoods, may hika ako, hindi ako marunong magbike, never ako naglaro sa labas ng bahay, ang bagal kong kumilos, mahina ako."

"Kala mo naman mababago mo isip ko. Allie, mahal kita."

"Kasi baka sa umpisa ka lang ganyan."

"Gusto mo ba ako?"

"Hmmm"

"Kulit mo talaga"

"Pwede na"

"Napilitan ka pa?"

"Hindi. Joke lang. Gusto kita."

"Makaluma ka na nga, pakipot ka pa."

"Edi hindi na lang"

"Allie, I love you. You know that and now I know that you like me, I'd risk for you. Do you want this to work too?"

"Of course"

"We'd risk together, okay?"

"Yes, Daniel."

"I may not be beside you but you have me, okay? I'm always here for you."

I stayed up late and it's worth it. Allie likes me. I know she's just scared but I'll prove her that my intentions are pure.

 Back then, I wished that I could fly to Manila and be with her but coronavirus was a huge hindrance. This happened for a reason and I dreamt about her for a reason and i know my dreams will come true. I'll hold her hand soon.

 Cupid found his way and so do I. I will for Allie. I'll make her mine.