Chapter 30: For the First Time After Years

JUNE 4, 2022 | QUEZON CITY, PHILIPPINES | KID ROXAS

It's day two here in the Philippines. My body adjusted to the weather and I'm doing fine. I heard from Aunt Estela that her relatives will come so I'm expecting to see Allison.

It's already evening when they arrived. I saw Allie's mom, Callah, Kurt, and Deianna. I hid behind Ike while I observe them. Allie wasn't around. Maybe because she knew that I'll be here.

"Oh, asan si daddy mo?" Aunt Estela asked Kurt

"Sinundo po si Tita sa airport. Susunod daw po sila rito." Kurt answered

"Oh, Si Allie ba? Bakit saan sya galing?"

"Sa Japan po. Pinadala po kasi sya run. Mga 3 weeks po sya roon."

Oh shoot, she's still coming.

I decided to pretend that I'm sleepy so that she won't see me here. I told Nanay that I want to go home because I feel sleepy. She told me that I could sleep in the private room since that's the purpose of it. I told her that I can't sleep here so she gave me the keys and told me to be back after four hours. I agreed and went to the parking area.

As I walk by, I saw an incoming black van. I looked at the driver and I saw that it's Pine and beside her was Allie but she's still asleep. I walked faster and stayed in the car while observing. I know I'm safe because the windows are tinted.

Allie went out first. She's still sleepy because she's staring at nothing. I noticed that she dyed her hair again. This time, it's already black as the raven. It made her skin look whiter. It reminded me of Snowhite. She's still pretty but she look tired. She's still classy even if she's only wearing a shirt, a pair of jeans, and boots. I'm happy that I saw her for the first time after years.

They went inside and drove back to my grandparents' house. I didn't sleep because thoughts about Allie ran into my mind.

What if I stayed there? I guess we'd talk for a while

Or maybe she'll ignore me like I'm just another stranger in her life.