Chapter 17: No Good at Goodbyes

Allie told me that the pain killers helped a lot and she only eat healthy foods. I told her that it's a good news and we didn't talk again. She kept calling me and I wasn't able to answer those because I always leave my phone in the room. It annoyed me. I thought it's clear that I asked for a time off.

TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA |9:30 IN THE EVENING

I was about to sleep when I saw that I missed a call from Aly.

"Yes, Allie?" I asked

"I just want to hear your voice. I'm on my way to the hospital. Kinakabahan ako." She answered

"Things will be fine. Pine will also make sure that you'll get better soon."

"I know. I'm also on sick leave."

"Good. Get well soon, Allie."

"Can I call?"

"It's already night here."

"I know but we used to call each other before and I'm scared."

"I thought we agreed about the time off."

"Seriously, babe? Time off is more important than me? May sakit na ako pero time off pa rin?"

"Sinisisi mo ako sa sakit mo?"

"Sinisi ba kita? Ano ba 'to? Bakit ganito? Bakit ka ganyan? Akala ko ba pag di ako okay, magsabi lang ako? It sucks when people ask if I'm okay and I didn't hear anything from you. So tama nga ako. Mag-isa lang ako. Hindi mo na nga masabing mahal mo ako. Allie na nga lang tawag mo. Mahal mo pa ba ako?"

"I told you to drink lots of water and take vitamins, right? And I don't know, Allie and don't ask me about that. I'm confused about my life. Paano ako mag-iisip if you're all over me? Please don't judge me. If I'm hurting you, I'm really sorry. If we fall out of love in this time off, so be it. I just want to be alone."

"Walang if."

And I decided to ignore her messages afterwards.

I know she hates me.

I didn't want this too.

Words came out and I wasn't able to control myself.

And that's how I started the nightmare.