Chapter 18: Go

QUEZON CITY, METRO MANILA, PHILIPPINES | ALLISON TORRECAMPO

My brother assisted me in the hospital. We went there prior to his duty. He made sure that he's aware of everything. I've had urinalysis, blood test, underwent an ultrasound, and I proceeded to the checkup. It showed that I have calcium oxalate stones and good thing, no surgery is needed. I was given a lot of meds to take and I also have to change my diet and lifestyle.

Since my brother is on duty, Violet picked me up. She doesn't live with us anymore because she's already married with Damian. She's now Violet Torrecampo-Lazaro, a proud mom of my two year old nephew, Gabb. I somehow forgot about Daniel because I missed times like this with my sister even though sometimes I hate it because she treats me like a baby.

"So what's your current status?" Violet asked

"What status?" I asked back

"Still single? In a relationship?"

"It's complicated."

"Why? Tell me about it."

"Met someone online, a former schoolmate in high school."

"Who?"

"End of the story"

"Come on, Allie. Just like the old times."

"I don't want to talk about, Vi. My left flank aches."

"Okay. I'd wait for that."

I got home after few minutes. Vi didn't stay long because Gabb's waiting. I took a bath and went straight to bed.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I check my phone. Daniel ignored me and I know that he meant it that way. I remember one time, he told me that he's very sure about me and there's no need to think about his feelings and if he doesn't want me, he'll be gone. That's what he did, he's gone.

"Maybe this will take few days." I told myself but I am already expecting the worst since he told me to let things be this time off.

I told myself before that I don't want to be shattered into pieces again but this time, it's happening. Just after months, he's gone and I'm left again.

It seems like yesterday. I was his beloved new gem and he doesn't want me to slip off his fingers. That's the danger in loving something too much. Time will come and you will love it less then lesser until it's gone.

His hands were around me, caressing me, taking care of me but I fell and cracked into pieces and he chose not to pick me up because for his eyes, I'm broken and I'm no longer shiny.

"If we fall out of love in this time off, so be it. I just want to be alone."

Wow. Just like that.

Just like that.

Now, it's not the left flank that hurts; it's already my heart.

I thought he's my safe place and I'm tired of being strong. I thought I can show him my weak side but he unloved me.

I'm no longer thinking about the one way ticket someday.

If he wants to go, so be it.

I know where we're going.

Daniel, just go.