CHAPTER 35: Beers and Secrets Part II

MARCO'S HOUSE, OSHAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA | KID ROXAS

I was startled. I felt my blood drop down. She was here. I didn't know that she was here and the universe gave me another chance to be with her in the Philippines but I didn't do anything. It feels like she's running away from me but gravity pulls us together and I am too blind to see those opportunities.

"I should go back." I said

"Where?" Marco asked

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me."

"You cannot run from your real happiness, Jackie. It's destiny."

I tapped Marco's shoulder and I drove back to my apartment. I saw Margaret wearing her nighties and tried to seduce me as I take off my shoes. I stopped her and stared into her eyes. She felt that something is wrong. I looked at her neck and saw that she's wearing the necklace with a heart pendant. I took my phone and looked for Allie's photo in my gallery.

"Did she give you the necklace?" I asked her showing Allie's photo.

Her eyes widened and she froze for a moment.

"Yyyes" she answered

I took off the necklace and kept it in my pocket.

"What's going on, baby?" Margaret asked

I sat on the couch and sighed deeply.

"The one who owns this is Allison, my ex- girlfriend. Destiny is very tricky and it even made the two of you meet each other. I know this is hers because I've seen it a lot of times. She went here because there's something that I didn't give her—closure. I can't give her that because until now, I still love her. I know, I am stupid and an asshole but I am very sorry, Marg. I thought I'm done with her but I can't run away from this. She's still the one. I can't let her go this time. She's my home. I am sorry."

Margaret didn't say anything and packed up her bags and left me. I don't know what she's gonna do but it's actually a relief for me. I am sorry that I hurt her but I want to be happy.

I took a beer from the fridge and booked a flight to Manila. I don't care about anything anymore. I have to go there even just for three days because I still have important matters here. This time, I'll unleash the warrior in me. I'll fight for my love.

Win or lose, I'll fight for my love

and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.