Chpater 25: Blonde Girl

It's Allie's birthday today. Last year, I greeted her and this time, I can't do it again. I know I will just ruin her day and I wish her happiness. All the happiness in life because she deserves it. I checked her account and saw that she's somewhere in Tagaytay. She loves to go there. Sometimes she travels from her place to south just to buy coffee. She told me that nothing beats Tagaytay ambiance. She loves Starbucks Tagaytay too. She told me that she can stay there for a day just reading a book and sipping coffee.

I'm glad that she's okay. I hope that things will get better someday.

I remained busy so I can forget about her. I spent my time in school and gym and also visit my family once a week. I'm doing well too. My grades are good and everything is positive. I know that I already want this and there's no going back. I want the path that I am taking.

Marco and I remained best friends. He's doing a good job in school too. Sometimes I go to his place especially on weekends. It's hard for him to hang out with me because he lives with his little daughter, Chesca. He's a cool dad and his daughter told him that it'll be perfect if he'll find her a new mom.

Months passed, I noticed that Allie posted nothing on her accounts. I checked her Instagram; the last post was a week after her birthday. I also checked Facebook; the last post was a meme and it was also a week after her birthday. I wonder what happened and what's with the silence so I checked Callah's account. I saw that she posted pictures of their family. It says "Sunday Funday. Ngayon lang ulit nakumpleto." Allie was there. This time, her hair color changed. She dyed it blonde. She looks like a Caucasian. She's still very pretty and she looks fine. Maybe she just chose to keep things even more private and I decided to respect that.

I know she thinks she's better now and I can say that I am too.

Sometimes I still look back at the days when we're happy but it saddens me that we're no longer the same.

SEPTEMBER 29, 2021 | OSHAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA

It's already fall in here. I still managed to keep things going. I didn't notice that time flies so fast. The year's about to end again.

I was lying on Marco's couch while he's preparing some tacos. He called me because he's got a news.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Chesca asked me

"I have none. What do you know about girlfriends?"

"I have a classmate. Her name is Mikaela. She told me that he has a boyfriend."

"But you're young. You are only six or seven."

"I am six. Exactly! We're only kids. I told her that guys are shit. Someday she'll cry because of him."

"Why are you asking me if I have a girlfriend?"

"Because you don't deserve one"

She left me and went upstairs. His dad came with a platter of tacos and asked me

"What did she say?"

"She told me that I don't deserve a girlfriend. I don't know why."

"Oh! (laughs) that kid is silly. She got it from me. Well she's right. You don't deserve one."

"Fuck you, El Chapo."

"That's life, Jackie, it's hard to love strong women."