Chapter 1: Girl in My Dreams

January 1, 2020 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Kid Roxas

I woke up unexpectedly and looked at the window if it's already morning. It's still dark outside and prolly midnight. I took my phone and checked the time ̶ it's 3:45; I slept for only two hours since we celebrated New Year. I almost forgot why I woke up suddenly then I remember, it's because of a dream.

I can't recall what happened and what's with the dream but all I remember is there was a girl with me and I know her. Her smile was vividly captured in my mind. I don't know why. Why did I have a dream about Allison Torrecampo?

It's still early and it's new year so there's nothing to do today. I decided to go back to sleep but as I close my eyes, her smile is all I see. I'm still thinking why. I don't know, I can't explain. It plays on my mind again and again and the longer I look, the more I appreciate her beauty. I don't know if this is witchcraft or what but it feels like magic. Suddenly, she's all that I see.

I fell asleep without me noticing it but as I wake up, it's still Allison. I decided to get up and just do the normal thing. I know it means nothing; it's just a dream.

"Kid, I know you're awake! Breakfast is ready!", Nanay shouted

"Eto na, Nay!" I answered as I go downstairs

I took a mug and poured coffee in it. Sipped a bit and sat beside my youngest brother, Jin.

"Hey, Kid! Had a nightmare last night?" Jin asked

I just looked at him because my mouth is stuffed with pandesal and egg.

"I was still awake during that time and pretended that I'm asleep so you won't notice me but bro, I hope I was able to take a vid!" he continued

"Binangungot ka?" Nanay asked

"Hindi, Nay!" I answered

"Nay, kung nakita mo lang si Kuya matatawa ka! Hindi pa yan natulog agad." Jin added and laughed hard

"No, Nay! I had a dream but it's not a nightmare. I actually forgot about it but it's not nightmare." I clarified

"Kung hindi nightmare, ano?" Ike, my eldest brother asked

"Babae" Tatay answered

I laughed as if it is not true but of course, Tatay is right. Maybe it happened to him too.

Weeks passed and I forgot about her. School got me busy and I went back to my apartment in Oshawa. It's actually a good thing because I don't have to think why.

It's been half a year since I had my last relationship. Sometimes I miss being with someone but every single time that I remember how Jona, my ex, cheated on me, I'd rather be single 'til forever. I even told myself that I'll never go back to Philippines. How stupid right?

Well, since I had a dream about Allison, her face is no longer usual. She's pretty, I could see a lot of guys commenting on her photos and I can't blame them. She looks like a doll. Sometimes I want to unfollow her on social media because everytime I see her face, it stuns me. I really find it funny to have a crush on a girl because of a dream.

March 1, 2020 | Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

I know that today is Allison's birthday. I greet her yearly not because we're close but because she's a nice girl and she greets me too. Every year is just the same, me saying "Happy Birthday!", she thanking me, vice versa, end of conversation.

It's our break in school when I decided to greet her. I'm not expecting her to reply right away because it's already 11:30 in the evening there but I still greeted her anyway.

"Happy Birthday, Allie!" I greeted

"Thank you!" she replied with a love reaction

I smiled upon seeing that. I think she's really nice. Yeah, as usual, our conversation ended that way.

March 6, 2020 | Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

This is one of the hardest days in school and I'm really glad that it's Friday. I went straight to the apartment to have a good rest and decided to have a double time in gym by tomorrow. I'm exhausted and all I want to do is to rest. As I get my key, Ivan, who lives next door approached me.

"Hey! I'm having a party tonight. It's been a long time since we enjoyed each other's company. I'd love to see you later.", he invited

"I'm sorry, dude. I can't make it." I declined

"Why? Is there anything bothering you?"

"Nothing. I'm just exhausted." I answered as my knob clicked

"Hey, Kid. Are you staying away from me? I just notice that we don't talk anymore."

"Dude, I am not staying away from you and believe me or not, there's nothing. I'm just busy in school and it's no joke. If you don't mind, can I go inside my room now? I'm really exhausted.", I frankly answered.

I know that Ivan is annoyed as I enter my room but his interrogation irritates me too. I don't know why he can't understand me but Law School is not easy peasy lemon squeezy. I took a shower and rinsed the negative vibes of my day. Gee, Ivan is nettling.

I went straight to my bed after shower and went to sleep. I have to wake up early to go to gym.

Few hours passed and I woke up. I can't believe what's going on. I had a dream again and yes, it's still Allison. In my dream, I was with her in a park and I was holding her hand. She's smiling as we walk. She's very classy, very beautiful. I can't stop thinking about her.

I got up early and went to shower. Made my usual breakfast and walked to gym. She's still on my mind as I work out. I still think about her 'til I went back to my apartment. It's ridiculous. Allie did nothing. It's all because of my dreams. I don't understand why this is happening.

One thing is for sure. Allie is everywhere. Allison is here.