The Uncertain Future.

Two weeks later...

Elizabeth walked into the freezing hell hole that was her home. Colter was the only place she knew she could stay until Arthur stopped searching for her. The Sheriff in Valentine warned her, he was looking for her. Though explaining why without saying she loved the man was harder said than done when he questioned why she never brought him in. She was able to tell a lie and it was left at that, an hour later she and Epona headed north.

She had known the gang once lived in Colter after the massacre of Blackwater took place, they were on the run and lost nearly half the gang in a firefight. Arthur described Colter as a hell hole he never wanted to visit again, he hated the cold.

For Elizabeth it was perfect, even the best bounty hunters and trackers could follow her scent or prints in the deep snow and blizzard. Elizabeth had sent mail to Abigail, informing her friend she was fine and was leaving West Elizabeth for some time, but never stated where she was going next.

The deer she had hunted was flung on the floor after she spent twenty minutes carrying it in the deep high snow back to her small shack. She stayed in the furthest house of Colter, where she had a good view of the only road accessible to the town. She sat down on the old, frozen leather chair taking her gloves off to hang over the fire.

She hated this life, but returning to bounty hunting seemed mute now. She tried it once, but after seeing the man struggle with life and was only stealing to survive she offered him a horse, some money and a bag of food before leaving. She never thought to think of the lives behind some of the people she brought in, Arthur and the gang changed her views and bounty hunting was never what it seemed anymore.

Valentine-

Arthur knew he should give up his search, but he couldn't. He wanted her back and he could not return to the gang without his love. Mary had written to him again, saying sorry for her behaviour and she hoped for the best for him and Elizabeth, it didn't matter now. He knew that when he burned the letter and anything else he had to do with her, except the ring he once bought.

Mary was meant to have that ring, but her daddy stopped that relationship going any further and Mary threw Arthur to the side when she knew being an outlaw was not the life for her. He kept the ring in hopes of finding another to love. There was Issac's mum, Eliza, but she was much younger than Arthur at the time and he loved her, but only as Issac's mother, nothing more.

Elizabeth was the only other woman he loved more than Mary, he wanted to marry her, live his days with her. No more running or hiding, but that seemed much easier said than done.

He'd been camping outside Valentine for the last couple of weeks, visiting every other day searching for her or a bounty she might track. But it seemed the famous bounty hunter had disappeared.

Dutch had sent Bill, Hosea and even Micah of all people to find Arthur and bring him back, but the first two were kindly sent back. Micah was sent back with a broken lip and black eye. He thought he could finally search alone until the familiar face of John rode up to his small lakeside camp.

"Not you as well," Arthur scoffs as he bites into his venison steak, which he'd overcooked... again. Cooking wasn't his strong suit.

"Just don't beat me as you did, Micah," he jokes as he ties Old Boy next to Arthur's horse and sits down across from him at the campfire. "When are you coming back?"

"I'm ain't comin' back till I find her," Arthur sternly says. John holds his hands up defensively.

"Okay, okay. Dutch was waiting for you to return before they pulled off that bank robbery, but he's moving out tomorrow with or without you." Arthur shrugged his shoulders, he didn't care anymore. He was tired of robbing and running.